Where the hell are they?

20 Mar, '05

I ordered some natural stones to extend the patio at home but the order is taking far too long to arrive here (from India.) Today at least we got to know that the stones are at the dock and being prepared for shipping.

Why the delay? A classic:

I think they should take the twitbthifd prize for this corker!

Filed in: General

1. anonymous says:

Where the hell are they?

India: allegedly the second fastest growing economy in the world …

2. anonymous says:

Where the hell are they?

Mahmood,

That is so FUNNY!!! Once again when I needed a good laugh I find one here.

Twitbthifd society PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP for this one!

Ciao!Bonsaimark

3. anonymous says:

Where the hell are they?

Haha, that letter is awesome. That last line lol. Well it’s India, anythin can happen.

4. mohd says:

Where the hell are they?

What the Hell?

They misspelled Bahrain!!!

Then there’s the body of the letter. And I thought I wrote long mangled up run on sentences.

Some of my earliest memories include watching the cult British TV Classic ‘Mind Your Language’. I can’t decide if this was written by Ali, Jamilla or Ranjeet.

5. KhalidSaad says:

Re: Where the hell are they?

This was actually me who posted, dunno why it signed me out hehe.

6. KhalidSaad says:

Where the hell are they?

That was actually me, got signed out and never knew about it hehe.

7. kategirl says:

Where the hell are they?

This is brilliant Mahmood. The last sentence is the best: “we are deeply regretting for this bloody driver’s action.”

Re: Where the hell are they?

Oh most definitely! I’d even allow them to delay for a few MONTHS if they would share some of their other correspondance! 😀

9. anonymous says:

Where the hell are they?

Sounds very professional 🙂 loool using bloody and a dying father

10. [deleted]0.79047900 1099323505.715 says:

Where the hell are they?

Mahmood,

Admit it — a two week delay is a small price to pay for this apology.

I wonder if they’d send you copies of some of their other correspondence. I’d certainly like to read more, wouldn’t you?

11. anonymous says:

Where the hell are they?

I agree with the last poster – at least it was personal and it was not blamed on a computer, wrong type of snow, problems with suppliers etc etc

the Johnster

12. anonymous says:

Where the hell are they?

I found the letter charming, actually. I have never received a personal note like that when something I’ve ordered has been late. In fact, nowadays, it is quite difficult find an actual person to speak to. Speaking of computer generated voices, there is a debate going on as to whether we will eventually lose the reflections in our voices as we increase the time we spend speaking to computers. I notice that I tend to mimic the monotone of the computer voice when I am “interacting” with one and it needs a response from me.