15 Feb, '06

Because we have a bunch of baboons in the Parliament.

We have one who wants to chop hands off as a punishment for thieves AND throw them in prison for their troubles, while the other wants to publish names and possibly pictures of “criminals” even before their rite to appeal has been exercised.

No, don’t shake your heads in dispair, it’s time to email these baboons to tell them that we do not agree with them.

Click the pictures to email them:

Shaikh Ali MattarKhalifa Al-Dhahrani

All this when Bahraini law contravenes international law and signed agreements when it treats 15 year olds as adults.

Filed in: Politicstwitbthifd

1. anonymous says:

Any bananas?

I really can not wait till those “baboons” go back to their wild life. Or better of, sent to a high security zoo hehe.

Waffles

2. anonymous says:

One more thing….

How in the hell did these guys get elected anyways?

Waffles

3. AngloGermanicAmerican says:

Any bananas?

There must be something wrong with me, ’cause I don’t have a problem with the “name and shame” as long as its factually accurate, e.g., X was convicted of _____, and has appealed the conviction to _____. Perhaps my feelings are the result of living in a system where pictures of individuals charged with a crime are provided in the news media, depending upon the “newsworthiness” of the crime, the perpetrator, and/or the victim.

4. AngloGermanicAmerican says:

Re: Any bananas?

I should add that I never much liked the fact that the small town where I went to college published the names of all persons charged with minor in possession as well as a blurb on the circumstances of the infraction.

5. Steelangel says:

Any bananas?

Is that lipstick on his collar, or am I just seeing red at this human-right-abusing twosome?

6. anonymous says:

Any bananas?

Why hasn’t the government stepped in and put an end this issue once and for all. Proposing Sharia law should be considered an act of treason because it has nothing to do with the current ‘constitution’ that rules us today. I know this sounds a little too overbearing, I mean its not like the current constitution is the best thing out there, but its better than having a Sharia-like constitution . . . led by a bunch of primates

7. anonymous says:

Any bananas?

So it’s off topic. So sue me. Just wanted to let you all know that the Danes are allright:

RISE IN DANISH EXPORTS TO US AND GERMANY OUTSTRIP ENTIRE EXPORT TO MUSLIM WORLD

Today’s Jyllands-Posten says that the growth in 2006 in Danish exports to two countries alone is larger than our total export to the entire Muslim world. The two countries are Germany and USA, and the estimates are even made without considering the Buy Danish-campaigns, that are unfolding in these two countries. If they have an effect, it’ll be an extra bonus.

“We must tell Europeans, we can live without you. But you cannot live without us,” said Sheikh Youssef al-Qaradawi, a leading imam in Qatar.

8. anonymous says:

Any bananas?

These people are completly correct. Regardless of how extreme their opnions or actions might be. Logically thinking, the fear from losing ones hands stop him from stealing, the fear from shame stops one from committing shameful actions and equality in treatment in terms of age, gender, and social status gives these people a sense of fair triage.

You should listen less to the Bahraini parliment, and more to your self. Truly speaking, I have been following your blog for quite sometime now and it really seems to me that you don’t know what you want, you do know what you don’t want and you are seeking it like a wild hog.

Whats really shocking is that you being the Nationalist you are, married a foreigner I belive ?

9. anonymous says:

Mohammed,
    TI3GIB

damn it , how do you edit those things ? …

10. anonymous says:

Re: Any bananas?

Mahmood, I’ll take this one up for you.. Save yourself the headache..

– I have been reading Mahmood’s blog for some time now also, and believe that he has stated his points clearly and effectively to reveal his position regarding Bahrain’s policital and economic system.

– What does that have to do with anything man! You just decide to attack Mahmood for no reason! He, like you, is entitled to his opinion and freedom of speech! To bring up his marriage has NOTHING to do with this at all! Show some respect seriously..

11. anonymous says:

Any bananas?

Mahmood, you should run for a chair in parliament, we need someone intelligent and enlightening to replace these monkeys.

12. anonymous says:

Any bananas?

i was wondering, in saudi, if ur sentenced to have ur hands chopped off for stealing, do u get them back – ur hands i mean.

13. anonymous says:

Any bananas?

is lobbying legal in bahrain?

14. HMD says:

Re: Any bananas?

Hahahahaha,
    Well, you just got your hands chopped, no?!! You wouldn’t be able to sign a paper to get hold of them!!!
    🙂

15. anonymous says:

Re(1): Any bananas?

ahahah right you are. but luckily, i live in bahrain – thankgod.

16. anonymous says:

Re(9): Any bananas?

Mahmood,
    Ignore the kid! I think he’s more like 6-7 yrs old. You know kids these days, they watch a little too much tv and learn all this bad language!

To the Kid,
    Bad Bad Boy.. Very Naughty..

17. anonymous says:

Re(9): Any bananas?

Shocking how kids these days learn such bad language.

I hope your parents know of this kiddo! Maybe they can take away your candy or, more appropriately for you, whip your ass!

Re: Any bananas?

Oooh, thanks so much! I’ve never been plastered with that many labels before. You’ve made my day!

Re(1): Any bananas?

Thanks!

Re: Any bananas?

If Spain’s exports far exceeds ALL those of the Arab countries, considering their vast oil wealth and exports, is this really a surprise?

Whoever wanted to “boycott Denmark to hurt it” is fooling no one but themselves.

WE need them. THEY, don’t need US.

[edit: change “Sain” to “Spain”]

21. Dan says:

Any bananas?

Hey, WOW. Nothing relevant here. I just bought a Sony VAIO VGC-RC210G, have it up and running, and have re-established my link to this blog waaaaaaaaaaaay over in Bahrain.

Okay folks: Hack my ass! In the meantime, my next “box” will be an Apple Quad G-5.

Thank you, Mahmood. I’ll make a relevant comment in a day or two. I really like your blog, sir.

Later.

22. anonymous says:

Posted by: Mahmood Al-Yousif on February 17, 2006 09:16 AM
    If Sain’s exports far exceeds ALL those of the Arab countries, considering their vast oil wealth and exports, is this really a surprise?

WE need them. THEY, don’t need US.

Errrr….. wrong! They need us as much as we would need them… after all they have money to make… OUR money … by selling their products… we don’t [i]really[/i] need them… unfortunately in Bahrain, there is always this false sense of “needing” foreign products or people all the time. I am fed up with people going to a doctor only because he has “foreign training” and that is supposed to be better. They f*** up too! After all, look at Sh. Mohammed who is still in a coma….I am tired of people going to a foreign hairdresser because they are “better”… what the hell is this all about? Stop depending so much on foreigners and get working! Bahrainis have the skills, but lack the confidence because it is not given to them

23. anonymous says:

Re(1): Any bananas?

LooL … my dear friend, read again … and you WILL notice that these “points” and “views” are completly based on attacking and crictising other points and views. Wait a minute I don’t see you or your master or answer the question I asked.

Do you or Do you NOT agree that if one looses his hand for stealing, publicized for commiting a crime creates fear and prevention from commiting that crime ? … and equality in punishment disregarding age, race, social status or gender gives people a sense of security and equality ?

And for your information I did NOT attack him, if you call that an attack, then you my friend & your master are fragile people. Nor did I disrespect him, is there anything disrespectful about mentioning his wife ? … Nor did I mention anywhere that he doesn’t he have the right not to have an opnion, he does have one. I have the right to enforce my opnion on anyone, It’s not my fault that they were stupid enough not to reply and use the usual “Everyone has his own opnion” record.

Now, It seems that you think your country is an an extreme state, and you are calling those people who you are attacking Extremists. I’ll just say “Extreme Situations call for Extreme Measures”

حياك الله
    Mohammed,
    Ti3gib [Duality.qps-ballers.com]

Re(2): Any bananas?

Let’s assume that all the conditions are correct for imposing the Shari’a law. Is there a possibility that someone would be wrongly accused and adjudged resulting from chopping his hand, foot or head?

What would be the recourse then, if subsequently she is discovered that she was not guilty, can she get her hand, foot or head back?

Of course not.

As the case of Saudi amply demonstrates, and which does not have the right conditions for the imposition of Shari’a law, misjudgments happen practically every day, and the last time I checked, their chop-chop-squares are pretty well used. That didn’t stop crimes which you assume that the mere threat of Shari’a law would stem.

So you too win a bunch of bananas but I hope you get your nickers untwisted before you use them.

Re: Any bananas?

By creating an account, and ensuring that you are logged in when entering a comment. That will give you the opportunity to edit your comments.

Re: Any bananas?

Good question. I think it is, but probably quite different than lobbying in the States.

Re: Any bananas?

Afraid that you’re wrong because you’re just getting emotional rather than practical.

Look at the numbers, those should convince you of the weakness of your argument.

28. anonymous says:

Re(3): Any bananas?

So your answer is yes ?! … I think Sharia’s point is not how these crimes are dealt with , but the prevention of these crimes. Yes, there is no flawless system, but the system you are presenting is far worse than the Islamic one …

Can I edit my anonymous post if I register ?

Re(4): Any bananas?

The answer is a resounding NO.

In future I shall keep to short sentences when replying to you. Remind me of that in future should I digress, please.

No. You cannot edit anonymous comments once registered. Think about it.

30. anonymous says:

Re(1): Any bananas?

The man is right, this is your interpretation of the numbers. The numbers seem like “WANT” members more than they seem to be “NEED” numbers.

Emotional you say ? .. What seems practical to you ? Support ?

31. anonymous says:

Re(5): Any bananas?

LoooL .. That’s it ??!! … Is that how the well-known Mahmood Al-Yousuf will submit to a 16 (and yes, I consider myself and adult) year old ? … Because he couldn’t reply back ?! … Ohhh the shame ..

Why would I want to register if I can’t edit my post ? … Think about it, real hard

Mohammed,
    TI3GIB [ duality.qps-ballers.com ]

Re(6): Any bananas?

Ah, thanks for the confirmation. I thought we were talking to a child.

I shall keep that in mind from now on. And you are more welcome to stay around, we can only hope that you will grow up in the culture of critical thinking.

33. anonymous says:

Re(7): Any bananas?

A child you say ? Lend me your wife and you’ll get her back with a gift 9 months later … Compliments of the child, argue with your wife on how childish the child was

So did you get any erections recently ?

Mohammed , The Child
    TI3GIB [Duality.qps-ballers.com]

p.s. I know you’re gonna delete this

Re(8): Any bananas?

Delete it? And rob this blog’s visitors from the chance of seeing for themselves how puerile you are “TI3GIB”?

Not a chance!

35. anonymous says:

Re(8): Any bananas?

You fool!

Learn to know when to shut up.

But please, be a man, and stand up for the stupid things you say.

Post under your full name, home address, where you work and a nice photo.

Let’s be sure this stupid #)¤% sticks when you start looking for a job. PLEASE!

– dag

in conclusion, Ti3jib is gay!