A harbinger of summer

3 Mar, '06

A harbinger of summerIt was the first really “hot” day of the year yesterday, and today is not fairing much better. It was around 35C at 4pm yesterday, about the same today I think. I had an idea to see just how it is if Arif cracked an egg on the path! You’ll have to watch the movie to see if it did really cook, and for a quick tour of the garden once again 🙂

Happy Friday guys!

Filed in: Thoughts

nice doggy!

2. billT says:

Man Mahmood Nice garden. Your video made me realize Ive got to spend less time on the weekends listening to music and get out and at least mow the yard now and then.

billT

3. ES says:

“Maybe they’ll get bird flu from eating that egg and we’ll get rid of both of them.”

Hilarity.

4. Rara Avis says:

Mahmood, I have been a staunch visitor of ur blog. U’ve been doin a great job. But I failed in displaying ur video.
    what’s wrong

5. Citizen Quasar says:

Nice video. It was 87F here yesterday. Perhaps that is cool for you but it set a record for OKC. It has warmed up 75 degrees(F) in the past three weeks.

I failed in displaying ur video.

Do you have Macromedia Flash installed? That’s what’s required to display the video.

You can download the latest version of the player from Adobe/Macromedia.

Thanks too for your friendship!

7. Sissy Willis says:

Tuck and I watched together. Said he, “I love that stuff. It’s just like watching a car chase.” Totally fun and funny. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 🙂

‘Love the new blog look and functionality.

8. Mags says:

Here’s a couple of thoughts to your experiment.

Egg whites coagulate, (turn white), at around 62 to 65C. The yolk starts to do this between 65 and 70C.

Bricks have an insulating quality about them so they don’t conduct heat too well. While it probably felt hot it probably wasn’t at the right temperature.

Though I think if it was a piece of metal, it may just have cooked.

9. Riz Wyman, Purrr... says:

Dear Mahmood,

Well the TV takes awhile to load so while I was waiting I had some thoughts you might address, if you feel like it.

I learned recently that Bahrain has a pearl industry. With out researching it right at the moment, I thought you might have some interesting stories or insights into the history and fables of the Mamlakat al Bahraynia pearl divers. Japan has many interesting stories from the pearl trade and pirates and wondrous lunches where a pearl was found by a starving waif in the discarded meal of an over rich tyrant.

On another note, in the interests of understanding, what are the Five Pillars of Islam, as you describe them ?

Other thoughts:

Legislation can allow for favourable conditions of employment, but it does not create jobs. Something else I was wondering about Bahrain produces about 7 billion kWh of electricity and consumes only about 6 billion kWh of power, imports none and exports none.
    what is done with the other 1/2 billion kWh are they like held in reserve ?

And about Michael Jackson, he once held a baby over a 2 story balcony in front of the press for some reason once. This is why I know this guy is a fool, Doves sometimes roost on balconies and if you startle them they will explode in a burst of flight. Now this can be a shocker and if your MJ holding a baby over the balcony for some stupid reason you might drop it because the birds scared you so much.

Nice place you have there; hey I love dogs, mine are Calvin the Boxer Dog and Angus the German Shepherd, all right !

Nice break from the war, thanks M.

From an interested citizen of the world.
    ~

10. Julia says:

Great blog Mahmood and lovely garden. We could do with some warmth and colour in old blighty now after what has seemed an interminable winter… I’d even settle for wilting snapdragons.