Got the tickets!

10 Mar, '06

tickets

tickets originally uploaded by malyousif

For a price of ONE Formula 1 grandstand ticket, I bought TEN tickets this afternoon for the family and I to soak in art and culture over the next couple of nights at the Arad Fort where I am sure we will enjoy both the Hanine Y Son Cubano and the Pitt Jazz All-stars festival.

I was so sorry I missed the excellent recitation by the eminent poet Mahmood Darwish, and by all accounts it was a thrilling experience; however, we had our own event in another cultural experience at Al-Bareh Art Gallery where we made new friends, enjoyed excellent food, and were transported on an artistic journey in Arabic caligraphy when we visited the “Contemporary Huroof” exhibit at the gallery.

I fell completely and utterly in love with these two paintings, which the Lebanese artist interpreted a couple of verses of one of Mahmood Darwish’s poem in painting. Alas, I can’t afford to buy them just yet.. But the pleasure of seeing them, and other paintings at the exhibition will stay with me for life.

Filed in: Culture

1. Jamal says:

You can see the two paintings by Dia Battal any time mahmood! We purchased both of them this morning!
    I guess we’ll see you at the Colombian event tomorrow evening at the Arad Fort! 🙂

Excellent! They’ve gone to a good home!

3. Adel says:

Of course you have to say that about your brother. Will miss you at the F1 this year, I remember the first time I saw you, you where calling all these gorgeous girls to gather and take a photo with you. There must have been
    10 of them with your arms around them, I felt so envious telling myself what a lucky guy.

Adel, you can take over this year and post loads of pictures of lovely ladies!

5. angelo says:

Mahmood the photographer is missed around the pits @ bic ;-( , one change to this years race is that those with grand stand tickets are entitled to do the pit walk but for 15 minutes :D… apart from that – – some of the team drivers & their crews tinker their cars after 9pm and if you’re around they invite you to hang out with them 😀

apart from that… its almost the same other than the hot air balloons… pIzza is cheaper this year as well.. down from 10bd last year for a small sized one.

After party? Mahmood?

6. dee says:

It was a great performance for haneen yesterday! Too bad the audience left early. I was so embarrassed…mortified really! And we wonder why performers dont come back!!!!

7. Adel says:

Why did they leave?

Bad manners and rudeness. I was dismayed to see the “top guys” in society (ministers etc) strolling in AFTER the concert started (and 3 songs in actually) thus disrupting everyone’s mood, and then people just up and left throughout the performance. In the end the audience seems to have decided that they have had enough and the concert is over.

Ok you might think that it was crap (it wasn’t) but you don’t have to act in this very disrespectful way, at least to the others in the audience (and I mean those who came late and those who left early.)

Tonight is another concert and do hope that this scene won’t be repeated… but somehow I think it will.