Ferrari front row in Bahrain!

11 Mar, '06

Michael Schumacher celebrates pole in Bahrain's 2006 Grand PrixThe prancing horse is back with a force!

The qualifying sessions just ended with Michael Schumacher on pole, Filipe Massa next door on second, and the reigning champion (I’ll refrain from calling him a fluke) is on a low fourth. Our friend Kimi Raikkonen lost his rear spoiler and trashed the car, of course. There is no way that you can have an F1 without an unlucky Finn.

1. Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)
    2. Filipe Massa (Ferrari)
    3. Jenson Button (Honda)
    4. Fernando Alonso (Renault)
    5. JP Montoya (McLaren)
    6. Rubens Barrichello (Honda)

So it should be quite a thrilling race tomorrow…

Filed in: Thoughts

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Mahmood’s Den · Where did Kimi come from? | 29 Jul, '06
  1. H-baari says:

Finn, not Fin. Though the country name is still Finland, not Finnland, except maybe in german. 😛

heh, thanks for the correction, I never knew that. I’ll add another n.

on another note, I finally got the spellbound to work with FireFox 1.5.0.1 and as the new version has a lot of nifty features, maybe you’ll see less spelling mistakes from now on! 😉

3. LiB Team says:

Yeah it was quite a nice qualifying round today! I took some pics which I might upload to our blog soon, I liked it but I also felt sorry for raikonnen. meskeen!

Tomorrow should be really interesting. Thanks for the coverage, Mahmood 🙂

Well the “fluke” won it, Mike came a very close second, but the man of the day just has to be Raikkonen, what a drive and what strategy. Starting from the very last position in the grid and finishing THIRD!

Unbelievable!

This is shaping up already as a very interesting season.

Watched the race (with full family members, even the kids were dropped off there after school) at Motorox Cafe on the Budaiya road; food sucks, they still don’t know how to use a credit card machine, more than 30 minutes (I kid you not) and three telephone calls to find out how the till worked, in the end had to go to Jawad’s to draw cash and settle the bloody bill! Sameer, get your act together for goodness sake, Motorox would have been my venue of choice to watch all the races in the season!

5. hussain says:

Unfortantly, Schumacher lost the race , inspite of that the race was very interesting.

6. Angelo says:

Alonso second time in a row! this gets as exciting as can be 🙂

7. Mo says:

Alright there, Ferrari fan, slow your roll =) It’s good seeing the red cars back competing with the rest, but Fernando is no fluke, and he proved it today. He might not be as spectacular as Kimi, but he sure is a lot more reliable! Of course, it has a lot to do with the cars and the teams, but McLaren really have to get their consistency levels up if they want to keep Alonso as happy next year as he is with his current team. Its shaping up to be a classic season!

8. LiB Team says:

It was a thrilling race, what a rush, it’s a pity schumi didn’t win but I guess the “glory hunters” are happy cuz Alonzo won it again, if red bull team win it next year they will all follow that team and act as if they had been with the founding members! I got better pics this time as I took my proper digicam with me and not rely on my phone camera which isnt that bad anyways, a 2 megapixel on a sony ericsson is so close to a real sony cybershot, but it doesn’t get there 😀

Schumi got schooled by the AYTOLLA OF FORU”LL”A
    The MULA OF FORMULA. The FLUKE. Mahmoud, you don’t know Jack.

The Ram of the Manam