Traffic

22 Mar, '06

It took me 13 minutes to get to work today!

I left at 6:08am and 13.7kms later I was parking at the office. This trip normally takes about an hour if you drive the same route at around 7:30am.

Filed in: Thoughts

1. Citizen Quasar says:

How fast were you going? I mean, like man, what was your average speed?

Were the streets all empty? Was there a major funeral/event across town that removed all the traffic or something?

How did this happen?

—Dan

2. The Joker says:

is this some sick joke?

– The Joker

You take the same route I think don’t you? At that time of the morning (well this morning anyway) traffic was very light!

4. Adel says:

Try and get an office in Seef, bet it will take you no more than 15 min from anywhere in Bahrain.

5. Adel says:

office space for sale in Seef starting at BD550 m

Where is that? I actually am trying to move and looking for space of about 150 sq meters. There must be cheaper offices there… time to go out with some agents…

7. Adel says:

Check with Landmark Properties, they have an ad in GDN. Orchid Tower in Seef, but will only be ready in late 2007 I think.

Will do, thanks Adel.

9. Adel says:

by the way I know six 15 story office buildings will be built within the next few months in seef. So if you are not in a hurry to change office I recommend you wait for better locations.

10. Adel says:

Also, a 25 story office building, a 16 story, and two 11 story in progress. I hope they have future plans to widen the roads or it will become another Diplomatic Area soon.

11. Adel says:

Okey 10 comments 6 of them mine, guess I should start me own blog.

hehahheh.. be my guest and let me know the link! 😉

13. Mahmood

What are rents per sq meter these days? I wonder would you better off buying small building with a couple of extra offices you could rent out as well, or perhpas another house and running your office out of it? Just think Mahmood you could have an “OFFICE GARDEN” and perhaps and office pool. Be great for the occasional party!

“It took me 13 minutes to get to work today!”

Now a thing of the past Even at 6:08 you were just lucky that day

That’s what happens if you leave to go to work before 6:30am.. I’ve been doing this for the past 3 years and never did I see ‘heavy traffic’ in the morning.. and that’s traveling from East Riffa to Manama via Sh. Khalifa HW.

Moral Story: EVERYBODY LEAVE EARLY 🙂 I wish the day would come when people LOOK forward to go to work early! comon! be happy in arriving before the rest!!.. road situations at that early time is just amazingg.. (better yet at 6am!)

16. Adel says:

An Islamic Bank just bought the 16 story building opposite Seef Mall for BD 8 mill . Alsalam Bank rented a whole building behind Lachocala, and word is more than six banks are looking for buildings for their headquarters in Seef. Rents and prices will move higher soon.

damn! I guess I’ll have to buy/build my own building somewhere and then rent it and close the shop! 😉

Moral Story: EVERYBODY LEAVE EARLY

Or LATE! I time my hitting that road at either 6.15 or 8.45, both times will more or less get me to the office in under 30 minutes (15 or so for the 6.15 timeslot)

In between those times though, it’s an hour minimum!