Tonight at Albareh…

6 Apr, '06

Guys, don’t forget that we’re meeting tonight at Albareh Cafe. I’ll arrive there in about 30 minutes to have a look at the excellent sculptures of Iraqi artist Ahmed Al-Bahrani’s exhibition which actually closes tonight, so this is the very last time you will be able to enjoy the sculptures!

See you there in a few minutes…

Filed in: General

1. angelo says:

so how did it go? Pics, please.

I guess you finished from the Uni earlier than expected, huh?

Next (official, if there is such a thing) meeting is on May 4th, do you guys want to try somewhere else? Different format? Forget about dinner and just stay with coffee and soft drinks?

Speak up!

3. angelo says:

no … boring session but free wifi 😉

btw.. for different format… isn’t there some other place like country club that’s got the same atmosphere but non-alcoholic? I realize that some people don’t like the country club because of the alcohol part of it … but maybe theres some other place in bahrain that has the same dim-lit environment?

I prefer somewhere were we can actually hear ourselves thinking, let alone others voices. And seeing faces in not so dim light would be a bonus too. That’s why I like Albareh. Last night they were good enough to create a small rectangle for us so that we could easily see and talk to each other. It was good. I certainly enjoyed the company.

But maybe we should adopt the Kuwaiti way of doing things, at least consider it. They meet much earlier for coffee, normally on a Thursday afternoon from 5.30pm to 8.30 or so at a coffee shop (Starbucks like I think) and then whoever wants to go to dinner or a bar, its up to them.

The main intention of these meetings is to keep in physical contact with each other and create a real (as opposed to virtual) community and grow our friendship. So let’s work on it… I won’t give up on this!

5. angelo says:

the 5.30-8.30pm coffee idea sounds good and starbucks/costa coffee sounds great too! and then going for a dinner/etc. would be as good as an afterparty or whatever u wanna’ call it — whoever who’s got weekend comittments can then make it to them as well after the meetup 🙂

Is there any way we could turn these meetups into doing something like featuring new bloggers, or talking about new blogs… and i know it’s not the same as poetry hangouts… but something along those lines… maybe new blogs/bloggers, how to increase readership to one’s blog, getting rid of blog trolls, using blogging as a business tool in bahrain, etc.

hoping to hear others’ views 🙂

cheers!

6. I won’t give up too, thanks Mahmood it was very good non-alcholic night!!

and the vlog is coming up soon!

8. LiB Team says:

Mahmood, you keep coming up with all the good ideas, you should run for president (or PM) 🙂

aren’t you good or what? ehehehehe

anyways I truly wish that your idea gets implemented next month and God-willing I will be able to be a part of it 🙂

LiB TeamLeader

We did exactly that last night, not featuring one but two new bloggers! The first is probably one of the youngest in Bahrain at 10 years old, and the other is Ni’mah from mishkah.org

And the food was wonderful, I especially liked the prawns!

So if you didn’t come last night, count the number of things you have missed, and promise yourself that you won’t be chicken and won’t come next time too! 😉

10. Chanad says:

it sucks that i missed this, yet again. is there a chance of a mini-meetup next week or later with sbg? sbg, when are you free?

I’m all for it.

12. BinShehab says:

Just to count the thing that ppl who didn’t show up miss, a CD-ROM of back BBM photo archive (around 193 PHOTO!!), next release will be in the next 6 month’s

😀 Count me in for next week’s meetup. I’m there! Back BBm photo archive is also available on BinShehab’s Flickr account for the ppl who missed out 🙂 [i guess.]

14. BinShehab says: