Mahmood’s Den Scapegoat of the Moment >> Peter Kaliaropoulos!

22 May, '06

Peter Kaliaropoulos - CE of BatelcoYep, it’s that time again. I’ve leaving for a quick business trip to Dubai this evening, coming back Wednesday afternoon. So until then, and in keeping with the traditions of the Den, the MtvSM is non other than:

Peter Kaliaropoulos

The Chief Executive of Batelco, the very one who should be blamed for all ills of the world until I come back from the trip. I’m sure a couple of days are not enough to bestow the pleasures of MtvSM on him, but it’s better than nothing.

Rules of the game: We do NOT hold Peter personally responsible for the Batelco fiasco regarding the recently announced unfair ADSL packages, we also are not and shall not take things personally. Our mission is to show Batelco, the legal entity, the money-making empire, the sole monopolistic creativity throttling entity, not its respected and honourable workers, managers, executives nor even the members of its board.

Keeping all of that in mind, Peter is to be blamed for all the ills of the world; be that another tidal wave, the situation in Iraq, if it doesn’t rain when rain-prayers are called, the thriving devil worshipping culture in Bahrain, your flat tyre, your plants dying, you wanting to kill your sibling because of something stupid s/he has done… ALL of that is due to Peter directly!

So have at him guys and gals, you only have about 48 hours to vent your spleens! 😀

Filed in: General

1. Alfanan says:

He’s also responsible for my cats throwing up hair balls, my dad shouting at me this morning, my boss’s stupid ideas, my website being down, my emails bouncing back, and he’s also responsible for Jamal Fakhro’s (MP) accident. 🙂

I’m going to delete that first part of the comment because it’s not like you.

What happened to Jamal?

3. Alfanan says:

sorry, got a little carried away with the comment, couldn’t help it 😉

He had a horrible car wreck. He hasn’t been in sessions for the last 2 wks. I saw him and he looked terrible, with a cast on his arm, and bruises on his face. I hope he gets well, he’s a really smart man, and probably one of the few who deserve to be re-elected.

Sad to hear that. I used to see him at the gym every day, but as I changed my timing, I missed seeing him. I hope he recovers soon.

And yes, he does deserve to be re-appointed.

5. Just another Bahraini says:

Wow you are really selfish aren’t you? I didn’t see you blame Batelco’s CE before your downloads were at risk of being limited! Batelco has been charitable to the community and have contributed to hospitals and many other projects to help make the kingdom of Bahrain a better place. But you won’t mention that here because you think you do not benefit from it. You know what? I blame Mahmood.tv for the problems in the world, because it promotes ignorance; and ignorance is the source of the world’s problems.

Good day.

Ok, that’s a different game, blaming mahmood.tv will be done at another time, now keeping with the rules of THIS game…

what’s your Batelco employee number again?

7. Just another Bahraini says:

Yes I am a Batelco employee. And your game is childish.

no it isn’t! nanananaaaaaana :p

EXPOSED! Ok, enough frivolity, let’s get back on the program!

9. Bubz says:

Peter is responsible for global warming!

10. angelo says:

Peter ought to take the fall for the crap that goes on at the World Bank! 😀

11. Peter

You are to blame for at least HALF of the recent flooding in New England. Including the dampness in my basement! Slight as it is. You are also to blame for me not being able to place one of those BOYCOTT logos on my blog!

12. MoClippa says:

Peter stole my soul after cheating in a fiddling contest

13. inet says:

We were heading for the right direction until Peter joined us. What a fatal mistake!

We’ll be far better off without you. Go home Aussie!

14. amal says:

Peter is responsible for the wall street crash of 1929, people stealing pens from my desk and my terrible, terrible hangover..

15. Ingrid says:

ROTFL!
    GENIUS MAHMOUD..AND…(I might add) a very mature and funny way to vent and reserve the more dignified discussions/disagreement that are sometimes impossible to have when you are so irked, you can’t see (nor think) straight..
    so on that happy note..
    I blame Peter for those rotten aphids festering in one of my vegetable beds..and the drought…don’t get me started on that..
    thank YOU Peter!!
    Ingrid

I blame Peter for:

-Introducing Bin Laden to Islamic fundamentalism
    -Bahrain’s failure in getting to the World Cup
    -Silly headlines found in the GDN
    -Janahis taking over the island’s financial sector (but they sure are successful, huh?)
    -The fall of the soviet union’s catchy songs
    -Cancellation of Dallas, Knots Landing, and death of Benny Hill.
    -CNN changing their layout to whatever the hell it is right now.
    -Chelsea’s successful back-to-back championship run
    -Ridiculously over zealous bahraini guys in suits who tie their tie knots in a huge frikn’ knot that’s as big as king kong’s fist. But bigger.

17. Bubz says:

A cleverly disguised Peter was also directly responsible for the sinking of the titanic! That was no iceberg!

18. Anonymizer says:

last anon, it’s Goddamn Bucheeris who took over the financial sector, not Janahis. And thanks for that racist remark btw. It’s Peter’s fault ppl like you exist, he’s the one to blame. Oh and inet is breaking the rules by making it personal, typical Bahraini, Peter’s to blame for such people as you also.

19. Sid says:

I blame Peter for:

– slowing down the process of finally getting my personal website, and blog underway, i.e. making me deal with nasty things like Subversion and .htaccess files!!
    – making me wait 3 weeks after my final class before I finally graduate from the UoB
    – my heartburn
    – delays in finding cures for AIDS and cancer
    – slow UPLOAD speeds!! (today’s record is 0.6Kb/s) :'(

20. meddo says:

Someone stole a Hershey bar from the fridge, Peter, cough it up. better yet, don’t.

21. ali says:

I wanted to blame Peter but I am afraid of exceeding my monthly limit for written text… oo00h the bandwidth meter is running, I have to stop now.

22. Loki says:

My papier mache football was gone when I came back from work today and yesterday I sneazed so hard my ears popped. I can’t honestly say I know whos is to blame or indeed if these events are related but I thought I’d mention it.

23. alfanan says:

I blame Peter for BTV’s lame shows.

24. MooDy says:

Just another Bahraini , would love to flame ya rite now …
    But, im tired prolly tomowoz …

“Hospitals that kills rather than heals u mean ,yah ? ”
    if so ,then we should blame peter because he donated some .. oh now i c , good one .
    Just another Bahraini is officially “Powend”.

nite champs ..

25. Jared in NYC says:

Peter is responsible for toxoplasmosis:

Jared

26. MoClippa says:

I blame Peter for stealing every country singers woman, truck and dog…

Also for that stupid Philadalphia cheese commercial, or for that matter, the whole sorry state of Arab advertising

27. alfanan says:

Peter,

I blame you for Panorama Radio stupid commercial. “Panorama, khaleek bil jaw”.

28. Bubz says:

Peter is implicitly responsible for the TRA’s new ad that I was subjected to at the cinema today!

GAAAAH!!

I hold Peter personally responsible for my 52 dinar internet bill that used to be a set price of 40 a month ago. . . . and the connection speed seems to be the same!

30. Anarchist says:

Sorry Bubz,
    You can’t blame Pete for the Titanic. Everyone knows it was the Jews. . . Steinberg, Goldberg, Iceberg what’s the difference. Oi vay. 🙂
    I do blame him for global warming, the demise of the car industry in the UK, the US not signing the Kyoto Protocol and the decline of British Steel though !

31. Lujayn says:

Peter, shame on you – you know what you did 🙂

32. Bubz says:

Peter is also responsible for the Y2K bug!

33. Indecisive says:

I blame Peter for my bad hair day today.

34. Indecisive says:

Just thought of another one – I blame Peter for the lack of PROPER ENGLISH radio stations. Well helloow, helloow, and hellooow. Barf!

35. Bubz says:

Ahaha!

Whats wrong with “a nice juicy sentimental lovely and extremely sentimental son with a big hellloooow”? PETER is wrong with it, thats what!!

36. Bubz says:

Ahaha!

Whats wrong with “a nice juicy sentimental lovely and extremely sentimental song with a big hellloooow”? PETER is wrong with it, thats what!!

37. Bubz says:

Apologies about the double post – but hey!! It’s Peter’s bloody fault!

38. bahraini says:

I blame Peter for because I lost today my Maui Jim sunglass and I demand 70 BD credit in my LIMITED speednet or my new boardband connection whatsoever it’s called.

I also blame Peter for the bird flu and I know he would say, it’s a new service better than the normal flu because it kills faster and saves you more money as you dont have time to buy medicine.

I blame Peter for my dsylexia . . . I mean dixslexia . . . dyslexai . . . asylexid. . . . damn you peter!

Irish potato famine? Peter.

41. Indecisive says:

I blame Master P for the blatantly stated rip off by ART for the World Cup package. Who charges such steep amounts? Oh, right – a monopoly :s

42. Lujayn says:

Me not getting any work done today cause I keep popping back here to see what Peter has been up to? Peter, of course.

43. Ingrid says:

Holy cow..you guys are hilarious. I think we could devote an entire blog to peter for that matter…the only good that has come out of this ‘being’ called Peter; a place to vent.
    But…nevertheless…the good doesn’t outplay the bad..so..anything else anyone?
    Ingrid

44. Sid says:

I have the most irritating itch between my toes, a bad knee, I’m hungry, and the nasty hot sticky summer is coming, coming fast, coming hard, and there’s nothing anyone can do. Why Peter, WHY?!!???!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Ingrid – possible names for the Peter-blog?

whodoneit.com
    flamepeter.com
    ihave.nonet.com
    whypeter.com
    peterksomething.com

Sid

45. MooDy says:

I-Peter-Need-A-life-I-should-hug-a-tree.com

46. JJ says:

I blame Peter for the Jennifer and Brad break up (yes Angelina you are innocent), the demise of the first Napster, Starbucks world domination, and my acne. DAMN YOU!

I blame Peter for the Fall of the House of Usher.

48. spanky6 says:

peter is responsible for my OK performance in my english lit gcse today….YEH PPL…. the REAL THING…..damn u peter!!!!!!

Peter is responsible for the nasty traffic jams at Mina Salman, the Regency, and the Diplomatic Hotel lights. He is also responsible for the horrible roadworks at the Gulf Hotel and that impossible u-turn. Finally, Peter is responsible for my HUGE mobile bills.

50. JJ says:

Oh i forgot to blame Peter for the roadwork going on by the Gulf Hotel-Juffair area which makes me more prone to accidents from crazy Gulfian drivers.

I (Anonymous @ 10.31 pm) just forgot:

Peter is ALSO responsible for the fact that my local DVD store never has the DVDs that I request on that particular night..

!!! IMAGINE!!

It is truly outrageous!!

52. JJ says:

omg anonymous, i have the same problem…i’m still waiting for the Napoleon Dynamite DVD…Peter must be stopped!

53. Ingrid says:

Sid…

Peeterpatterchatter.com?
    Peetpwahpechwhatwasthatinmymouth.com

Ok..it’s bedtime, my imagination ran out.. (and you know who’s fault is that!)

oh, how about… peterwe’resonotliable.com??

Ingrid

54. Ingrid says:

BTW…wouldn’t it be funny if Peter would actually comment and blame himself for something…ya think that employee of his would blow the whistle?

sorry, just had something in my mouth again (oh Pee-terr!!)

Ingrid

55. tooners says:

MoClippa –

“Peter stole my soul after cheating in a fiddling contest”

now, that’s funny !!! 🙂

the devil went down to georgia, he was lookin’ for a soul to steal…

56. Bubz says:

Peter is the reason batteries run out.

57. Fubar says:

JJ you can get Napoleon Dynamie at Empire Video in East Riffa souq, awesome, incredible, gosh….

Peter came into my hosue at xmas and stole my kids toys. He also controls my wife’s nagging mouth, who is really pissing me off at the moment. He keeps hiding the remote control to the TV, even though I cant afford the ART World Cup package so whats the point? And I saw him cleaning the rim of the toliet with my electric toothbrush.

He must be stopped….

58. Indecisive says:

I get my stuff from dvdzone aali. Their series collection is amazing. Speaking of series, I blame Peter for my addiction to Lost and Alias.

Also blame Peter for the controvery behind Da Vinci Code and the fact that it hasn’t aired here yet.

Finally, I blame Peter K because he simply is: Peter K.

Wow, this must have been one of the best MtvSMs we’ve had ever! THANK you Peter for being such a good sport!

You will be happy to know and in accordance with the MtvSM rules and regulations that you are officially OFF the MtvSM and you can return back to your regular life and pay attention to the huge outpouring of frustration by the people commenting at http://boycottbatelco.com and that in the few days since the BIS seminar, you have had time to re-evaluate the situation with the thresheld ADSL packages.

So no more blaming Peter guys… and thanks to everyone for taking part in this tradition.

Thanks again for being a good sport!

60. j says:

I hope it’s not too late to blame Peter for the dreadful traffic congestion here in Seattle.

61. sadferret says:

This stream is petering out. I blame Peter.

62. Jared in NYC says:

He’s doing it through mind control. Remember he’s responsible for toxoplasmosis:

63. Mash says:

Ok, I have no idea who this guy is, but I would like to blame him for this headache I have right now. Oh, and, I’d like to blame him for the weeds that are growing in my garden that I now have to go pull.

64. mandy says:

argh just seen this had problems with my puter for a couplo weeks. Peter is to blame for that.

I am in Western Australia and think that Peter is to blame for the ruddy big dint in my car when i came out of the supermarket the other day.

Peter is also responsible for that big turd on my front lawn.

darn you Peter