Mtv’s Scapegoat of the moment: MoClipper!

14 Jun, '06

In celebration of me going off to Beirut for the first time ever, what better chance is there to put the blame of all the world and everyone’s personal life on a Bahraini living in Lebanon at the moment?

So without further ado, let me introduce the Mahmood’s Den Scapegoat of the Moment….

MoClipper

So have at him people! He’s the reason that the world is so screwed up! But please allow me to be the first first to level blame on him….

MoClipper is the reason that my passion flower tree decided for the first time since it was planted a year ago to put up the most gorgeous bud and it is promising to open – the very first passion flower – in the next couple of days! The plant that I have nursed and poured much love on is about to have its babies and I’m not around! And all because of that bloody Clipper!

I know I’ll have access to the internet so I might pop in from time to time, so if you’re in Beirut and want to hang out, leave me a comment here or fill in the contact form… I’m leaving back to Bahrain on Saturday afternoon.

Filed in: Travel

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Thought | 14 Nov, '06
  2. WordPress › Error | 14 Oct, '06
  1. Lujayn says:

Seems a pity that with so much going on in the world, we have yet to blame anything on MoClipper.

In the spirit of Steve the American, who thinks we take far too little blame for ourselves, I see it fit to dump all Arab shortcomings and hypocrisy on MoClipper, assuming he’s Arab, of course. Otherwise, I blame him for all the shortcomings and hypocrisy of the Americans.

I blame him for cutting my trip short, I’ve got to fly back tomorrow afternoon, as unfortunately my dad has been admitted to ICU, although the doctors assured me that he was improving before finally deciding to board the flight.

So this is a very short lived blame-game… that’s MoClipper’s problem too!

3. Lujayn says:

So sorry to hear that, Mahmood. Hope he’s well soon. Our prayers are with him.

Thanks Lujayn.

5. Khalid says:

I second what Lujayn has earlier mentioned. Inshalla you’re father will be well soon and enjoying great health. It’s a shame you had to cut your trip. Am sure you’ll be there sometime soon and I tell you, you’ll love beirut. At the end of the day, it’s just round the corner.

6. M says:

Hope your dad is doing better, Mahmood. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

MoClipper, this is the fourth day of rain in a row, and I can’t get out to plant the garden. Anymore of this crap, and you are going to have a REAL problem on your hands!

7. moclippa says:

Sorry about your father Mahmood, and your trip getting cut short.. I hope it all works out, for the best.. my thoughts are with you!

As for my shortlived scapegoat moment:
    I blame Moclippa for Moclippa!

I’m leaving Beirut today for three months of globe hopping, but should be in Bahrain for a few days!

8. moclippa says:

Oh I also blame him for my shady grades, broken guitar string, lack of spellchecks, referencing wikipedia as a ‘source’, and spending too much time hopping about the blogsphere rather then packing his bags!

9. ByronB says:

This is obviously a job for a webcam, then you can check up regularly on the state of things. I mean the passionflower, of course.

Hope your dad is OK!

10. Ingrid says:

My prayers are with your dad Mahmoud…and I blame MoClippa for having a great trip coming up instead of me…any time you’ll be in Austin Texas?
    Ingrid

mahmood check this out. an open letter from AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL to Chairman of the Shura Council… its a very good read about the (“Bahraini Gatherings Code”)

12. A Saudi says:

I’m so so sorry to hear of your dad’s passing away, allah ye a’dhem ajrik wa yesakkin el waalid jannatoh…. He was a great man a great artist and a great Bahraini the world is diminished by this loss to us all…. we’re with you in our hearts, our thoughts and prayers….

My thoughts and prayers are with you, hope your dad is doing better now.

Shroof