Thanks

19 Jun, '06

My family and I are deeply indebted to all those who gave us support and solace through the difficult time of our father’s death.

Our deep thanks and appreciation goes to His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa, the king of the Kingdom of Bahrain;

HH Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al-Khalifa, The Prime Minister;
HH Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, the Crown Prince who has graced us with his presence and for the time he spent with us as well as his kind and supportive words;

And all the members of the ruling family, artists, the Shura council, the House of Representatives, friends, coleagues and relatives who have paid their respects by visiting us personally, or contacted us by any other means.

Thank you all so very much for your support. I know that my father would have been proud to have known all of you.

May he rest in peace.

Filed in: General

Out of interest Mahmood, did they comes to the Matem in Manama to give their condolences. I must say It would be a very nice gesture if they did.

2. Khalid says:

Mahmood I hope you and you’re family are fine. It’s tough losing a very close family member. That’s life, good people come and go.

Allah yer7umah o yetgamad roo7a il gana inshalla. Y36eek il 3fyah ya Mahmood.

Anon: yes

Khaled: thanks very much.

4. A says:

Mahmood,
    I have been reading your blog for some time now, but have never commented. I want to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. I know (from my own recent bereavement) how difficult this time can be, so I pray that God will be with you all.

Thank you A, and please accept my sympathies for the passing of your husband; may he rest in peace.

6. rated r superstar says:

Mahmood,
    I have been a quiet lurker on your blog for some time now. I too want to offer my condolenses for your father’s passing. I am sure that he died happy and proud knowing that he raised a fine son 🙂

My father was a Christian, which I am not. He had two religious people emceeing his funeral. One was his minister. The other was also a minster. This second minister was one of my mother’s brothers; my uncle.

As I walked out of the front door of the funeral building, I wiped a tear from my eye. My aforementioned uncle then approached me from the rear and placed his hand on my shoulder. “Are you going to be OK?” he asked. I gently brushed his hand off of my shoulder and said, “Yes. This will just take some getting used to.”

Now the pain of his death is gone. However, there were things left unsaid between us that should have been said. There were wrongs and misunderstandings that were never resolved between us that are now seperated as the living are seperated from the dead.

I hope that you had a better relationship with your father than I did; that you were better able to communicate than I and my father were. It sounds like this was so. If so, this will help alleviate your grief.

Still, THIS will take some getting used to. It will take some time. Though I only know you through making comments on your blog, I once again extend my condolences.

I have said enough in this matter, perhaps too much.

Peace.

mahmood ..

many warm condolences to yo and the family. your father lived a very rich life and was able to create beauty in much of what he did. he raised some great children, and left behind him a greta legacy.

i send you and the family lots of love ..

JJ

9. Ash (Wyrd on Flickr) says:

Mahmood, I’ve only just seen this very sad news about your father. The pictures that he did whilst blind, and that you posted on your blog a while back, have stayed vividly in my memory ever since – they were amazing work. He must have been very proud to have raised a son such as you. My condolescences to you and your family for your great loss.

Ash

10. Ethan says:

Mahmood,

I’d not seen the news until today. I can only offer my sincere condolences to you and your family. The simple fact that even while blind he was able to create things of beauty means that he himself was no less than a beautiful soul. Though his soul is at rest, may it continue on in memory and art.

–Ethan

11. Hamad Algoheri says:

Dear Mahmood ,

I just know about it and i realy share you feeling of losting great man like your father , but there is say “The person which had great son never die “and you are all great family of him and to this countery .

please accept my deep condolence .

Hamad algoheri

12. Carmel Lang says:

Mahmood,

It saddens me to be out of your page for so long and just know about the lost of your father, I hope you and you family are better and accept my condolences.
    A long time ago I read this that was written for other but it help me with
    my loss too at that time I hope is helping you too.

“What is dying? A ship sails and I stand watching till he fade on the horizon, and someone at my side says, “He is gone”.
    Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all; He is just as large as when I saw him…..The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me , not in him, and just at the moment when someone at my side says “He is gone”, here are others who are watching him coming, and others voices take up a glad shout, “There he come!”…and that is dying.

He live in you and he brought up a very good man.

Carmel a.k.a (Arian)