New office: view from my desk

26 Jun, '06

New office: view from my desk

New office: view from my desk, originally uploaded by malyousif.

We moved into a new office last Friday, it’s now almost complete, we’re just waiting for the internet to be connected.

The paintings on the wall are done by my dad (rest his soul).

This is the view from my desk.

Filed in: Entrepreneurship

an interesting painting.. somehow it does seem like a den.
    take care

2. Looks nice,
    I really wanna see some of the paintings, closeup shots if possible…
    I read about your late father (Allah Yre7mah) and i’m really intrested to see some of his paintings…

3. Khalid says:

Mabrook Mahmood, I hope you enjoy your second home if we can call it that ;). Where exactly is your new office located?

4. tooners says:

nice, nice!! i love it.

that painting is fabulous! i’d love to see some close up shots as well.

are you over by the new Jassim store?

i love that old typewriter sitting on the credenza. does it work?

5. Lujayn says:

Mabrouk, Mahmood. Wish you continued luck and success.

As for your dad’s paintings, yes, we would love to see close ups. This one is a watercolor, right?

6. MooDy says:

Nice place moo …

May i ask what do you do ?

7. Johnster says:

Are you still in the same building?

8. Ahmed J. K. says:

I’m looking for a new office… May I ask in which area is this building?

9. angelo says:

I think this is Budaiya.. or Janabiya or something… he said something about it in the previous blog posting. Away from rush traffic manama (how relaxing)

10. ByronB says:

Yes, you must post a few pictures of his paintings – I was remarkably unsuccessful when I did a google search for some.

Here’s a sample of my dad’s work in blockprints. It’s on Flickr, so I appologise for those who can’t view them. We (the family) are discussing various things we can do to show his work more permanently, and a website should be launched as a first step.

As to the office’s location, here are the details, and as to what we actually do (other than me blogging all the time and not making money that is!) we sell broadcast stuff.

If you want to visit, please arrange your visit with me before hand, as I am frequently out of the office.

12. Ingrid says:

Mahmoud, how nice to have a view of your dad’s painting as you might look up sometime in stress (work work) and then you can be reminded of what is important. It looks great and I hope I can find my flickr password etc so I can check out the rest. I also really like the wall colour..peaceful and chilled..
    Ingrid

13. thanks for the links,
    i’m thrilled, he may lost his sight but not his vision…
    true classics

The block prints are marvellous; they contain a bit of tribal theme. You know mahmood there is a big market for this sort of art nowadays; cause they compliment modern future very well.

Thanks Mohammed and everyone for your sentiments. The blockprints and paintings are not for sale at the moment, our main concern at the moment is finding a right formula to perpetuate my dad’s name and achievements. We have several ideas, but one that has already been agreed is a “Nasser Al-Yousif Foundation for the Arts” and other philanthropic pursuits.

So stay tuned for that… it will take a few months to hash out the details, but rest assured that we are determined to celebrate my dad’s life and works.

16. Valkyrie says:

Nice.

17. TechZ says:

wow, nice office!

We are still in Manama, and boy the traffic is terrible!

Hope to see your father’s work on display 😀

18. Will says:

Mahmood

I found some of the prints to be very striking. Especially KulAl_AmalAl_Atfal. Is there a translation for the title? I am curious about your father’s use of colour in some of the others

The capacity of the human mind is sometimes staggering.

The title means “Children are all the hope”

If you enjoyed these, you will also love his earlier work.

20. tsedek says:

I see a real old-fashioned type-writer (LOL)

The first thing that caught my eye….

Nice office, Mahmood,

grtz.
    Tse.

21. Alfanan says:

Mabrook Mahmood on your new office. Looks really nice. Looking forward to visiting you there…