Kitchen too hot for some…

10 Jul, '06

Juan Pablo Montoya leaving F1Maria, what’s happening to your friend? Gets out of F1 to join NASCAR? What lunacy is this?

Juan Pablo Montoya: “When people think of moving from Formula 1 to NASCAR, some people think I’m crazy, but I think it’s exciting. I think it’s a great challenge for my career.

[…]

JPM: “I don’t think you’re going to be happy getting more money and being miserable all day.

“When I called Chip I said, ‘Chip you know what. I want to come back racing, and I think the best place to do racing is here.’
ITV.com

What utter bull. The guy was lacklustre since he came to McLaren and even before then. I had very high hopes for the guy and he showed a lot of promise, late last season and so far this season he was almost unheard of.

He’s simply giving up and getting out before he’s booted out, if he wasn’t pushed in the first place.

What a disappointment.

Update 060711L2041: Ha, he’s been given his walking papers early!

Filed in: Thoughts

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Bahraini.TV — The pulse of Bahrain | 12 Jul, '06
  2. عرين محمود | 11 Jul, '06

Mclaren didnt show any interest in signing him again and the only attention he got was from redbull with a swinging mood…

a typical “you can’t fire me!!.. i quit !”

Shocking news!
    From F1 to Nascar!
    (even if the situation is as “anon” explained it)

3. Pamela says:

Indy’s Danica Patrick is thinking of making the move from INDY to stock car NASCAR racing too.

I love NASCAR, go to one, just one race and you’ll be hooked!

Now everyone is on about Mclaren dumping Juan immediately and replacing him with Pedro De le Rosa..

No more funky *entertaining* accidents starting now =(

5. Abhijit says:

Hmph.

I am a fan and I’m glad he’s leaving. F1 is so so boring already and will be more more boring from now on.

People talk about his accidents and shit but what they forget is how he was a dominant force in a good car. Oh, so he’s had a bad season this time around but look at his records of the past 5 years, 9 victories in 94 starts. Tell me someone, why do we need wimps like Buton who has started more than 200 GPs and does not have a single win to his name. despite having the secon best car in 2004. Or Ralf schumacher ? Or the ever sparring midland duo ? or Taku ?

I am glad he’s leaving. wouldn’t have liked to see him race in some crap team scoring points after half the grid had retired. Better then to race for the top car in a competition that actuall allows overtaking.

Wow! You don’t feel too put out by this then do you!

Although Button is a honarary fellow Bahraini, I’m not a fan. I too question people banking on his “might” be winning any time soon. Others are probably more talended and deserve that seat.

What I’m unhappy about is that JP does have what it takes to win and bring good things to F1. I’m really surprised that he just surrendered, didn’t think that he’s that type.

7. Abhijit says:

Well, yes. I guess he chose to rule in hell (or at least try to) than beg in heaven.

8. Farhan says:

I guess he is bored and wants to move on.

The question is from F1 to Nascar? It is like Zidane
    moving to Fuzeball ‘Babyfoot’ World Cup.

I wish him well.