A trip to the factory

20 Aug, '06

I love machines! The bigger and the louder the better 🙂

This is a trip to Metals of Bahrain (MEBA) which is owned and operated by my friend Rami. I go visit once in a while when I want to get my tostesterone going and feel like a Maaayn!

This is vlog# 28

Filed in: M.Report

1. chan'ad says:

You talking about going to a metal factory to “feel like a Maayn” reminded me of that Simpsons episode where Homer is worried about Bart turning gay, so he takes him to a steel mill to show Bart how REAL men behave:

classic

Ah, so it’s universal then, every man need to go visit one of these places to affirm his masculinity! 😆

3. C. says:

Not a bad Video.. loved the music.. it made me feel like a (ahem ahem) Maayn too :p

4. Gizmo says:

Laughin at u guys makes me like a man. Nice video, music is good as well.

5. Scott says:

Factory floors _sound_ great.

Scott

my only worry is it looks that your friend is not paying any attention to safety regulations! I looked once and it looks that there are more than 5 hazards!

That was shot in ’99, things have changed since then… maybe I should go and shoot the floor again and compare!

Nevretheless, I am happy and impressed that there are such people like your friend who are managing to produce such great achievments. It is part of the infra-structure of Bahrain, I have to say. I wish that the government do support such people and encourage them to build the country, in a way different than only depending on the oil. Oil is ending soon, and the region needs to prepare it self for that time. i hope it does not only depend on donations from the US, or other countries, like Jordan.