It’s sooooo quiet

26 Sep, '06

Traditionally, if something happens in Bahrain that even touches on perceived loyalties to the ruling family, or lack thereof, we get full- or at least half-page adverts crying foul and heavily beating chests in demonstration of the advertiser’s eternal love and loyalty to the royal family, or person, or both, at the cost of “those others” whose loyalty is forever in question.

Strange, as Sawsan Al-Shaer noted[1], that none of these “traditional” paid adverts and chest beatings didn’t appear in any of our newspapers! Not once. But I know why, it’s because the well is firmly shut at the moment and the guy is very hesitant to sign any cheques. For now at least. In the absence of a clear denunciation of those tactics employed which Bandargate brought to light, especially by so called religious men, and as there is apparently no intention whatsoever to do the right thing and announce the formation of a fact finding committee, those funds might soon find their ways to the begging hands of bought and paid for men and women.

What we do have however, is this (arabic), from the bought and paid-for “news”paper; an article that (allegedly) bought and paid-for people mentioned in Dr. Bandar’s report queuing up in support of Shaikh Ahmed Attiyatallah rather than doing the right thing and at least asking him to step aside until an investigation clears his name. Can you smell it yet?

Rock on baby…

Just for those who couldn’t be bothered to read the link above, let me save you the trouble and display the pictures of those (allegedly) bought and paid-for gentlemen, either directly implicated in the report, or they think they’ve done themselves a favour and are running to support Shaikh Ahmed maybe in the hope that he will include them in his largess too at some point in the future?:

Bahraini Politicians for Sale! Going cheap!

[1] hat tip: Hussain Marhoon

Filed in: Politics

ماذا لو قام أحدهم قريبا بطرح القضية على: mms://66.172.3.142/3 (www.islah.tv) وباللغة الانجليزية الأم؟؟؟

What if someone exposed this issue in an English mother-tongue on: mms://66.172.3.142/3 (www.islah.tv) soon???

replace “owned” with “pwned” please.

3. H says:

YAY!! Is this part of the Ramadhan Sale??

Can I get a further discount if I buy the lot??

Umm.. If they are defective, does store policy include refunds?

If I do, is it possible to get a receipt, signed and stamped?? just in case the day comes and a brave man’s good deed was to brought the bad man that I am to justice.

ROFL!! (/me been playing mucho online games)

4. Johnster says:

Ruling or Royal?

same same…

6. Ash says:

Hmmm, the more I look at those faces, the more I think that you Bahrainis need to adopt the good old British tradition of throwing custard pies at such people.

7. hamohd says:

i think that double standards by islamic leaders (especially in this case ) is by no means justified !!!

how can i respect them now?

it won’t be so quiet on friday near bahrain and dana mall, get ready for all hell to break loose.

9. PWN3D!!!
    7araaaaaaaaaj, 7araaaaaaaaaaaaaaj…
    sheeeeeeeeeeel 3ala khams

10. Ali says:

hehehe..

Hold on your bucks guys!. Just wait for the next report by Albander and a TV interview to know the “Just Arrived” Goods!!

11. milter says:

Anonymous,

There seems to be a lot of anger filling the air of Bahrain at the moment and, if those reports are true, it seems to be justified.

What are the chances that Friday qutbas will be given in the nonviolence spirit of people like Mahatma Gandhi or Martin Luther King.

Quotation from Martin Luther King:

“Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. It is a weapon unique in history, which cuts without wounding, and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals”.

12. Ali says:

Sh. Isa Qassim is back home on Tuesday night after almost a two-months medical treatment abroad. He’s expected to deliver his weekly Friday prayer sermon at Alduraz grand mosque. Would he be a “Mahatma Gandi” or “Khumaini”, or neither? Only time would tell.

13. I says:

Just check out today’s (Wednesday) GDN. It looks like it’s going to hit the fan in a very big way. Pandora is out of her box.

I glanced at it but didn’t read it yet… why am I hesitant to do so? Anwar Abdulrahman is conducting the interview, that means an unadulterated slant for the government. And that means a major ass kissing exercise on his part.

Well, that’s the usual Anwar anyway, more royal than the king.

But I hope I will be surprised pleasantly when I read it in a few minutes.

The Representatives and Shura Councils computer network is long being linked to CIOs own network for no apparent practical reason. Investigate it guys..this voice is coming from the inside!

16. kanwal (gdn) says:

just so you know, anwar certainly tried to take reign of the meeting but the story is my own, not based on his guantanamo-style “interview” tactics.

of course he felt the need to put a big green disclaimer over my work, but other than that it has not been subjected to any yellowification tehcniques.

17. Salah Ali is not for sale! He is owned as well and according to Bander’s report he has been paid BD. 500 only, such a law price for a MP!

I think there are facts we should not neglect;

1. how badly Dr. Al-Bandar was treated and thrown out from the country.

2. The king meeting the political societies and discussing the report with them.

3. The ruling family hesitancy in forming a fact finding comittee.

all these facts beside the report it self with hand written documents and cheques and names, all these prove that in fact everything that is mentioned is true.

do anyone still believe that there is democracy in the country, do you still believe in the kings good intentions, i don’t.

the least thing should happen is the prime minster becomes a pensioner! God you already own the country! leave us alone 3aad! Why are you waiting for the death angle to submit your resignation!

Thanks Hasan. Which page was that on? It must have slipped me.

Kenwal, thank you very much for your candor, I shall now read the interview with that in mind.

You’re being unfair here Mahmood. Some of these guys are on a crusade and not totally in it for the money. To see the island turn sectarian corners irreversibly is so dear a mission, i’m sure they wouldn’t mind doing the same for free. Of course, if people of authority saw fit to give them some honorary for their troubles, then that’s doubly rewarding. mr.

MR, I’m waiting with baited breath to read YOUR commentary on this drama! So if you haven’t already, sharpen your pencil will you?

22. can we talk now says:

the definiton of hootsba:

in yesterday’s paper.

23. can we talk now says:

ok, now can I ask a stupid question?
    what does the jamia arabiya have to do with islam? did someone forget that arabs and islam are not the same thing? do they know that there other arabs too?

ummm, actually two stupid questions.
    In order to unite sunnis and shi’as we have to be against the other religions?!! there has to be an us and them???

I must be going senile, but this is waaaaay over my head!!!