Bahrain’s Lord Voldemort!

4 Oct, '06

and he shall be henceforth called: He Who Must Not Be Named [HWMNBN or BOO! for short], as dictated by our completely partial judicial system, further entrenching the age-old custom and tradition of sweeping problems under a carpet and deem them summarily resolved!

PUBLISHING NEWS ON AL BANDER CASE NO LONGER ALLOWED

date: 04 10, 2006

MANAMA OCT. 4 (BNA) THE SENIOR CRIMINAL COURT ISSUED A DECISION TODAY PREVENTING THE PUBLISHING OF ANY NEWS, COMMENTS OR INFORMATION REGARDING THE CASE OF SALAH AL BANDER, WHO WAS ACCUSED OF SEIZING STATE OWNED DOCUMENTS AND STEALING TWO PRIVATE CHEQUES.
THE DECISION WAS BASED ON ARTICLES 40 AND 71 OF DECREE BY LAW 47 FOR 2002 (Arabic), GOVERNING THE PRESS, PRINTING AND PUBLICATIONS. THE DECISION CAME AFTER SOME NEWSPAPERS HAD WRITTEN ABOUT THE CASE IN A WAY THAT COULD HARM NATIONAL INTERESTS, SOW SEDITION AND SENSITIVITY AMONG MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY AND INFLUENCE THE COURT. THESE NEWSPAPERS WERE WRITING ABOUT INCIDENTS THAT WERE NEITHER SUPPORTED BY DOCUMENTS, NOR PRESENTED TO THE PUBLIC PROSECUTION NOR VERIFIED BY ANY MEANS.
BNA

OOOOOkay then Mr. Senior Criminal Court and illustrious BNA, let me tell you – and I’m a mere mortal mind you and have no degree in lawyering, that the document signed by the Kingdom of Bahrain and submitted to the United Nations dealing with that thing called Human Rights unequivocally states:

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
Article XIX

So you can kiss my whatsit. I’ve got PROOF that the country is heading very quickly to be the Darfour of the Gulf in a few years time, and hear me say this as loud as I can:

NO SHI’I AND NO SUNNI…
JUST BAHRAINI

So bugger off and let us solve the problem while you continue to just want to hide (and create) problems rather than face and diligently work toward solving them…

Your Majesty, do you STILL think that Law 47 of 2002 is a good idea?

I AM A PROUD BAHRAINI!

RELASE MY SHACKLES AND LET ME LIVE WITH DIGNITY.

FIRE AHMED ATTIYATALLAH NOW AND CLOSE DOWN THOSE SECRET CELLS WHO WANT NOTHING BUT DESTROY MY COUNTRY.

Filed in: Politics

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Desert Island Boy | 1 Nov, '06
  2. Global Voices Online | 16 Oct, '06
  3. Chapomatic | 12 Oct, '06
  1. bahraini4eva says:

I’m not shocked at all, but I am too disappointed to comment. Ironically the constitution that 98% of bahrainis voted for which guarantees our freedom of speech and opinion has resulted more oppression and corruption than the early 90s. I’d rather live back then in Bahrain since we weren’t played like fools by our gov’t unlike now!

To our esteemed gov’t, and in particular the ministry of injustice: Go f*** yourselves.. I’ll talk about this Bandergate report every single day and nothing you can do will stop me from that, because I live in the U.S., a country that actually holds to it’s peoples constitutional rights!

Peace!

2. Darth says:

Certain people’s constitutional rights, …. But honestly I would expect everyone to write tomorrow what are they gonna do huh? Close down all the newspapers!!! WOW that would be fun to watch no way in hell….. if they all write they can get away with it.. so I say WRITE …. and if you all do You will change the system, the system won’t change you and for God’s sake don’t burn anything just WRITE

3. Coffee's for closers says:

4. Fatman says:

>>Fire Sheikh Ahmed. Looked at even in his own terms he’s too incompetent, he’s too dangerous and he’s got to go.

Alkhewajah spoke a few days ago and said what others have been saying for years: it’s naiive to point the finger at individuals and assume that they’ve been working within a vacuum. The corruption goes to the highest levels and this whole game that we see before us is indeed administered by the grand wolf in sheep’s clothes. Perhaps a second Bander will be so kind as to provide us with the evidence for that.

We’ll never be free until we have a system where we can put ANY person on trial for corruption regardless of their position, and boot them out of the universe if convicted. Hamad isn’t more worthy than Pluto.

5. Coffee's for closers says:

So how comes your ‘grand wolf in sheep’s clothing’ has suspended e-voting?

I’d be interested to know since you and khawaja have the answers.

6. ASKAD says:

We are going back, way back with all of these laws, look what happened to iraq, now the tide is comming very near. corruption will end.

7. Fatman says:

>>So how comes your ‘grand wolf in sheep’s clothing’ has suspended e-voting?

Are you that naiive? It’s well-known in Bahrain that there are those in government who ultimately report to the PM and those who ultimately report to the king. He belonged to the latter camp. Not only that, but he held four extremely strategic posts; that’s FOUR posts. Are you telling me that the king was unaware of his existence and activities until the honorable Mr. Bender told the world about them?

Anyhow, if someone is determined that the sun is the moon, nothing I say is going to change their mind.

You don’t have to agree with me, but keep in mind that if a report like this had come out in a European country, it would have without doubt caused the entire government to collapse. In our universe though, accountability is simply something that can be slapped on disposable people.

8. Seef says:

Lets remember Ahmed received all his positions this year .. well most of them. And he represents a radical group of people not the King. Al-Bander himself who was demonized by Ahmed didn’t mention a thing about the King and there is a reason for it. Does this radical group exist, ofcourse… do we need to deal with them YES. But I’m sure the King will take of this soon, Don’t forget not only are elections coming up, but a change in Government and this is most likely going to be the biggest single change of Ministers / Undersecretaries, etc… ever… The CIO needs reform it is a miserable government organization who’s only goal is to control and manage everything … this will not last till the end of the year… It can’t otherwise Fatman will be right..

9. ...and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. says:

a cautionary word to all of you investors out here (and there!). Re-evaluate and assess your exit plans. The information is alarming to say the least…

10. Ali says:

Here’re quick ones.

11. Ali says:

Oops!
    I know they were there! Sorry Mahmood 🙁

Please edit and add these links:

Lets put it this way… The king either did or didnt know about this group. If he did then that means he supported their goals (as he didnt do anything to stop them) and if he didnt then hes just plain incompetent of running this country! plain and simple.

Hamad.

Oh wait.. but then again he didnt anything yet did he? what does that tell u? :no:

13. ...and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes says:

Its gathering pace…

stay tuned.

…and I’ll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

can you please enlighten me to why does this have any effect on outside investors? what i understood from this doucment is that it will affect bahrainis not expats or foreign investors or am i wrong? please explain to me and to those investors you’re speaking to why should they be warned?

15. Chap says:

Mahmood,

If you, in the future, need a mirror for your site, or an alternate outlet for getting the word out, just let me know. I will either set up a separate blog for you on my site, or retransmit what I get. I don’t know anything about the politics, but that’s not necessary at the moment.

I have friends in other countries working on rather dangerous causes. One of my friends is working towards goals similar to yours in a different place. He’d rather be just a businessman, but cannot sit idly by while things happen he cannot stand.

The Japanese have a saying: “The nail that sticks out gets hammered down”. Watch your head, plan three escape routes, and accept the risk you must…

Thank you for your offer Chap, I really appreciate the support. I hope that our voices will be heard as constructive criticism rather than malicious, and as such, should be left alone. However, it would be imprudent not to plan escape routes!