Canna X Generalis

27 Oct, '06

Canna X Generalis

Canna X Generalis, originally uploaded by malyousif.

We’ve had these lovely giants since we redone the garden over a year and a half ago, but now they have reproduced and we have a lot of them in their patch, sometimes because they are so tall, if the wind picks up, I have to come and support each and every one otherwise because they are so severely bent, they are lost..

They just started flowering a couple of weeks ago or so, and I must say that these are some of my favourite plants in the garden.

Again I apologise for the crappy quality (mobile phone) as my “proper” camera has not made an appearance yet, and it looks like the useless Canon dealer in Bahrain can’t pull the finger out to get the required spares to fix it, or Canon ME based in Dubai is actually worse than I expected it for its pro-am products. In either case, it is highly frustrating when the gardening season has started and I can’t take “proper” pictures of my plants!

But in any case, I hope you enjoyed and are enjoying your Friday my friends… so Happy Friday all!

Filed in: Thoughts

1. M says:

I think it’s a pretty good picture. Great color and even the ruffles show. Thanks, Mahmood.

2. milter says:

I have one like that in my garden.

They just started flowering a couple of weeks ago

You’re lucky. It won’t be long before I have to dig mine up and find a place for it to survive the winter 🙁

3. Acad Ronin says:

Beautiful.

4. tooners says:

i planted some of these in our yard a few years back but they don’t bloom. it’s so aggravating.

i love these too. yours are so beautiful. i think you need to give a lecture on gardening! 😉

i started going to bahrain garden club, hoping to get tips and such, but still can’t seem to get anything to last or really grow in our yard…altho, the vines i planted last year are doing quite well and are full of blooms.

bahrain has cost me my green thumb!

Really weird. If you go to the garden club (where is that by the way? and if I come to a morning, will I be the only thorn between the roses? 8) ) why don’t you ask one of the ladies for advice? Seek out Elizabeth Shaheen (I look forward to every Sunday to read more of her wisdom and suggestions in the GDN) maybe she can get you your green thumb back!

6. tooners says:

The garden club is in Juffair, close to the Bahrain School. They stop their mtgs during Ramadan, but they should be up and running again. Their mtgs are in the evenings. Look in the GDN, they usually have mtg dates and times. 🙂 And **sometimes** there are other thorns! 😉

ah, I should thrive in their absence then! 😆