Thanks again… to everyone, and to Dr. Yateem, the undersecretary of the Ministry of Information and the Minister for proving that they are understanding and reasonable people.
I’m not sure how many countries in the world that a citizen can go and meet such high up people, discuss issues with them in a calm and open manner, while those officials knowing full well that that person in front of them has mercilessly criticized them in writing and on several occasions (the latest of which is just this morning!) and they still do not take things personally, but keep professional and find a to diffuse such a situation as this; but there couldn’t be many.
So regardless of our differences, I am honoured to have met these gentlemen and thank them once again for their efforts, and hope that they will continue to accept criticism without taking them too personally, for the good of Bahrain. And invite them, to jump in and comment and rebut any argument and article I put forth here, and hope that I too would be good enough to accept their criticisms with the same spirit.
So that page of our story is over… I’m now looking forward to the new page, one in which we can benefit from each other’s experiences, and can discuss matters which affect our country and our countrymen with the same understanding exhibited in this situation.
The next step for us, gentlemen, is to enact those 6 points suggested by the RSF which I have submitted to you and hope that they will be put into your consideration for any new legislation concerning the internet.
I am available to continue our discussions at your convenience.
Thank you, once again, to everyone.
Filed in: General
Sites That Link to this Post
- Sabbah’s Blog » Blog Archive » MAHMOOD’S BLOG TO BE BLOCKED | 2 Nov, '06
- Bahrain Uncensored > Officially unblocked! | 2 Nov, '06
- toot: The Arab blog network » Blog Archive » Mahmood’s Den: Unblocked! | 2 Nov, '06
- Global Voices Online » Blog Archive » Bahrain: Mahmood Blog Unblocked! | 3 Nov, '06
- Ù….Ø³. Ø§ØØ¬ÙŠÙˆØ¬ » … Ù„Ø£Ø¬Ù„ ÙÙƒ Ø§Ù„ØØ¸Ø± Ø¹Ù† Ù…Ø¯ÙˆÙ†Ø© Ù…ØÙ…ÙˆØ¯ Ø§Ù„ÙŠÙˆØ³Ù! (ØªØØ¯ÙŠØ«) | 3 Nov, '06
- Looking for Dilmun » Blog Archive » Blog block: Mahmood’s Den | 16 Mar, '07