Possible fine souvenirs to be given away in Manama tomorrow

16 Nov, '06

Bahrain police brutality effectsBut don’t hold me to the promise, you need to go there and find out yourself, who knows, you might be lucky to get a few lasting souvenirs like those shown in the picture… and that is due to what exactly?

Fear and reprisal for holding a demonstration demanding action into the Bandargate affair.

Rally for investigation into Bandargate scandal

Fear of violent attack by anti-riot police

Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR)

A group of Political and human rights activists as well as religious figures issued a public call yesterday for Bahrainis to participate in a demonstration calling for an investigation into the Bandargate scandal. Two months have passed since a former advisor to the Bahraini government issued a 214-page report revealing allegations that some high government officials have been conspiring to rig next week’s parliamentary elections. Yet the government has remained silent on the issue, refusing to launch an investigation or even comment on the validity of the allegations. Therefore, many figures and activists are organizing a public demonstration to insist that the government investigate the scandal. There are fears that the government may use violence to prevent it from going ahead, so we request local and international media and rights organizations to monitor the demonstration.

The rally will commence at 3pm on Friday, November 17th near Ras Al-Rumman mosque in the Capital Manama, heading towards the Financial Harbour.
BCHR

Filed in: Politics

1. lizardo says:

im there tomorow anf if u will be there tomorow can u plz put few bottons in ur pocket :X

I would have, if I had the ability to walk!

3. Ingrid says:

Wow, that poor guy. That looks awful. I’m sorry that happened to him and I hope that tomorrow’s demonstration will not leave anyone else with lasting scars, hope you’ll be able to be up and about soon,
    get well,
    Ingrid

4. abdullah says:

8) now what are be supposed to get from the rally is it totally about nationality or naturilisation or snnni shiaa problem

5. Hassan Ali says:

BCHR & HAAQ Movement& a group of Political and human rights activists as well as religious figures issued a public calls for Bahrainis to participate in a demonstration Today calling for boycott the elections 2006.

boycott the elections 2006

boycott the elections 2006

boycott the elections 2006

boycott the elections 2006

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

that’s their prerogative,

I won’t

I won’t

I won’t

I’ll make my vote count.
    :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

7. abdullah says:

😆 BOYCOTT THE ELECTIONS :grinnod:

WELL DEMONSTRATIONS WILL BRING NOTHING BUT INSTABILITY IN OUR LOVING AND BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY BOYCOTT THE RALLY PLEASE

BOYCOTT THE RALLY PLEASE
    BOYCOTT THE RALLY PLEASE
    BOYCOTT THE RALLY PLEASE =( =( 🙂

Abdullah it is their rite to hold a peaceful demonstration, as it is your right to call for their boycott.

I am sure you will agree that demonstrations are a form of freedom of speech and assembly, and as those two principals are tenets of modern and ancient democracies which all the most successful nations are, I fail to see how you can summarily define demonstrations as “bringing nothing but instability” to our country.

I suggest quite the opposite; if the messages of demonstrations are taken and treated fairly with the intent to fix a wrong, or at least investigate it, then that would ADD to our stability and prosperity.

You don’t have to agree with them, you don’t have to agree with their methods, but they have God-given right to express themselves in a non-violent and peaceful manner.

9. abdullah says:

well a demonstration as peacefull as dana mall

10. abdullah says:

dana and dana one day for something otherday for something dont u understand politis means only personnel interests

ah, sorry. wasting my time and yours I think. no point in continuing this discussion Abdullah, as you have already reached your conclusion.

12. Maverik says:

Boycotting does not make sense when you can vote for the better person and skew the vote for the devil.

People here are misguided.

I would boyote elections only for a valid reasion like say, I am lazy or if all the candidates are unworthy of my vote.