Cineraria Hybrida (Senecio cruentus)

22 Dec, '06

Purple flowers

Purple flowers, originally uploaded by malyousif.

My gardener insists on calling this lovely plant “Senarium” although I looked in all the reference books I’ve got about gardening and searched in the Internet using all iterations of the name and couldn’t find anything resembling it. It shouldn’t take me too long to actually find out though… I’ll go to the garden centre myself and ask or look through their books.

It’s an annual and is quite low, it’s leaves are larger than normal for plants of its size and these flowers are a clump right in the middle of the plant.

Needless to say, if you know, do tell!

Have a wonderful Friday my friends…

Filed in: Thoughts

1. Ahmed says:

Beautiful flowers. Can you post a picture of the entire garden ?

When looking at the houses in your neighbourhood it looks like most of them have beautiful gardens.

I am a big admirer myself of Chinese and Japanese gardens. It must be very calming and soothing to be able to spend years upon years on a small patch land like they do.

Merry Christmas.

May 2007 bring you and your family health, prosperity and, above all, peace.

Thank you Ahmed and the same to you and yours.

I’ve posted several pictures of the garden, please check my Flickr account and enjoy!

3. bint al saud says:

These look a lot like flowers I used to grow … I think they may be called Cineraria.

I’ve found some websites with photos…but I’ll only put one on here for now…hope this helps you identify:

:-X

4. bint al saud says:

also, when I try to open your webpage I’m getting a message asking me to enter a name and password for something that says, ‘go away there is nothing for you here at mahmood.tv’….what have I missed? :rolleyes:

5. NewMe says:

username and a password required!!!
    am i missing something here?
    in case u’ve got my mail plz don’t cut me off
    beautiful flowers 😯

ooops! I was trying to protect just the advertising engine’s directory. that must have gotten messed up… let me look into it now. thanks for the heads up. 🙁

Bint Al-Saud thanks you again very much for identifying this plant! It does indeed look like it is a Cineraria!

The username/password should have been fixed now, thanks again for letting me know. my bad! 😯

9. River says:

Happy Holiday season…thanks again for the wonderful Friday pics 😀

10. tooners says:

oh oh oh… so so pretty! i love purple flowers. 🙂

11. tooners says:

altho, now in really looking at them, they seem more blue than purple… anyway… they are beautiful.

They’re actually purple, the picture doesn’t do them justice. I should have pointed them out to you last night! 🙂