Mahmood’s Den Scapegoat of the Moment –> Esra’a!

13 Jan, '07

The tradition continues… I’m off on my travels again, and that means that someone’s got to be the Scapegoat on whom the ills of the world shall be blamed!

If you’re not familiar with this, the most ancient of traditions in the Bahraini blogosphere, then hearken unto me and looksee here for your edification. ’tis the Hall of Scapegoat Fame!

So the scapegoat of the moment is none other than:

Esra’a!

Blame everything on her! If a plane crashes, it’s because of her; if you miss an appointment, it’s Esra’a; if you fight with your spouce, again, it’s her; if Israel decides to invade Bahrain to avenge Mucheru’s honour, it’s most definitely Esra’a’s fault, if the coffee walla gives you (horror of horrors) latte instead of your designer white-chocolate-mocha-frapachino-extra-hot-extra-foam-with-cream, then it most definitely is Esra’a’s fault!

That is, until I come back to Bahrain… so this is your open space, rant, rave, blame, castigate Bush, or beat about the bush here… have fun, be nice and polite too, that will add to the fun part too.

See you in a week.

Filed in: General

1. Esra'a says:

I accept the responsibility and can’t wait to be blamed for all of these exciting things! Thanks Mahmood, have a great and safe time on your travels.

2. Bonsaimark says:

Esra’a

First of all WELCOME to the club!

That being said JUST WHO IN THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU to make it rain here today? HUH? How in the heck are the tree cutters supposed to remove that DAMN tree in the pouring rain? Have you no SHAME?

You are to blame for this complete mess. Shame on you. Shame on you…..

3. mishmish says:

Bye !! Happy & Safe Travels :cheerful:

4. Anon 4-ever says:

Esra’a
    I blame you for having such a dumb flatmate that never leaves me alone to chill! and writing exams in one week time! and the most important is why the hell I cant revise!!!
    all because of you!
    :angry:
    not very nice from you “You are to blame for this complete mess. Shame on you. Shame on you… ”

anon!

5. Neilufar says:

Can i blame Esra’a for all the zombis in the uk? no, honestly ..most of the fellows here are walking around, breathing, eating, drinking, drinking and drinking again. The common thing between them, is that they have no essence, no juice.
    The other day, while talking to some scotsmen here around, one told us that here, if the ppl are broke, they have the habbit of eating fried MARS bars!! yes the chocolate. I mean, what the heck is that??

And the idea of fun here is to go to the PUB and drink ’til its dripping from ur nose :dizzy:

I hope i’m not offending anyone, but if i am, plz blame Esra’a…. coz, IT WASN’T ME

6. Esra'a says:

I appreciate you guys blaming me for all these things, it makes me feel more important than I actually am.

I know I am guilty of much more, so keep them coming.

7. Redbelt says:

Esra’a
    My car is dirty for over a week now & I haven’t got the time to wash it. Not only that, the secondary car is broke, & I can’t get time to fix it.
    Thats nothing! Today is Mrs. me birthday! How can I get her a new cell phone, another (Surprise) gift & order and pick up some fancy shmancy cake from Lilo’s? huh? As if my agenda isn’t already full with Playstation and sheesha! Goodness. You better get your act together.

8. hashim says:

Have a safe trip Mahmood….

Oh, and I blame Esra’a for the FCC’s unapproval of the iPhone. And I blame her also for Apple not shipping the iPhone till June of 2007. And yes, I blame her also for it being over $400!!!

9. Hamad says:

Esra How about revolution to take control of Mahmood Den during his travel ? You will be the next leader what do you say ???

Just kidding have a great trip .

Regards ,

Hamad

10. Lujayn says:

Esra’a, my sore muscles (you had to go and get a salsa class started in my neighborhood, didnt you?), my being late for work this morning cause I had to drop my sister off at an interview downtown (couldnt you have scheduled the appointment after work???) and my boss being in a pissy mood cause one of his key employees announced she was pregnant (your work too, right?) – all your fault! Evil Esra’a!

And I blame you for routing my flight through Abu Dhabi airport! That was a TOTAL disaster, it was like being a time-warp back to the 80s… and to top it off, Casablanca’s airport is just as dingy, old and dark.. but at least they’ve got wireless.

And what’s the deal with the Moroccans only speaking French? What the hell happened to English?

Esra’a get your act together and tell President Blair to come fix this last situation. :angry:

here’s a glimpse of last night…

Abu Dhabi Airport panorama

13. docspencer says:

S..t!!!

Mahmood, what happened to English in Morocco??!!

Probably Ezra’a screwed up and changed it to French.

Nice picture.

Have a good trip!

Vic

14. Bernie says:

Wonderful rant there Mahmood. :w00t:

15. Esra'a says:

Abu Dhabi’s airport looks interesting. So you are in Morocco? I look forward to reading about your experience there. I bet it’s gorgeous.

Quoi?

16. jayjerome says:

Casablanca airport?

If you had your Letters Of Transport in order, everything would have gone smoothly.

And did you see the ghost of Rick Blaine and Ilsa, and Victor Laszlo and Capt. Renault and my favorite – Ugarte (Mr Rick Mr Rick – Save me! Save me!)

And were they playing ‘As Time Goes Bye’ over the airport speakers?

😉

17. Redbelt says:

I blame all of our Bahraini football team’s results in the GCC cup on Esra’a. Its all your fault!
    HA!
    I’m the first one to blame you in ADVANCE!
    next…. Balming in HiDef..

18. Esra'a says:

Personally, my highs are up for our team this time. I hope you won’t blame me and that we’ll kick major ass in all of our matches. :biggrin:

19. bandargate says:

i blame esra\’a for allowing salah al bandar to release another 240 pages about bandargate!!! see link below

That was out more than a week ago, and all the papers apparently had advance copies of it, yet, not a single one dared even mention it so far.

Which is disgusting. Journalistic responsibility is most certainly absent in our dear beloved island.

For that, you will excuse me for NOT blaming Esra’a.

I’m baaack! Just arrived at home, so Esra’a, thanks a lot for being such a good sport, you’re now off the hook!