Desert Rose

6 Apr, '07

Desert Rose

Desert Rose, originally uploaded by malyousif.

Again, this one is one of my favourite plants. I’ve had this particular one for about a year now and all it did is grow its weird branches up to twice what it was when I got it. It never flowered though.

This bloom is the very first I’ve had on the Adenium since I got it and I am pretty smitten by it. Isn’t it beautiful?

Have a wonderful Friday my friends!

Filed in: Thoughts

1. Had one of these in Abu Dhabi and would love to get one here in Cairo. It’s one of my favorites. Beautiful.

2. Barry says:

I love Adeniums, they are such strange and beautiful plants. The more you let them branch, the more flowers you’ll get though.

Here’s what one can eventually look like:

3. Barry says:

Oh, by the way, here’s a page showing some of them in the wild around Yemen and Oman:

Those are all Adenium arabicum

4. lizardo says:

so this is the desert rose ha !

5. marcy ellerbee says:

i am growing several of the desert rose and i also have plumeria here in ga.

6. dave says:

does anyone know of a good store (USA)online for buying desert-roses? I have one and absolutely love it- I want more!

7. marcy ellerbee says:

hey dave!! what store did you get your desert rose from? let me know ok. i want the web site. thanks

8. SABY says:

I FOUND MINE BELIEVE IT OR NOT IN IKEA
    ELIZABETH NJ EXIT 13A OFF NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE NORTH
    OR MAYBE YOU CAN FIND THEM AT ANY IKEA
    BUT NOT ONLINE. THE CLERK AT THE STORE SAID THAT
    THEY JUST GOT THEM IN. I PAID JUST $10.00 FOR MINE WHICH
    STAND NOW AT 14 INCHES. I NEVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD GROW
    SO BIG. I THINK I WILL BUY MORE AND PLANT THEM EVERYWHERE.

9. marcy ellerbee says:

i have some growing from seeds. i bought some of mine from wal mart and paid about 12.00 each . they are a good size..i haven’t measured them. i water mine every 2-3 weeks and soak them thru until the next watering. have beautiful blooms. i also grow plumeria, boganvills, madavillas, castor bean plants, banana plants and tropical plants especially some that come from hawaii. you don’t have to plant them.
    the root is above ground and grows beautifully…until next time.
    GOD BLESS