It’s over

8 May, '07

I’m glad to inform you that the libel case levied against me by the minister of agricultural affairs and municipalities Mansour bin Rajab has officially been dropped this morning and the judge has accepted our joint signed document.

As such, I have removed the gag!

I’ll blog more about the whole experience at a later date, maybe even write a book, goodness knows I have enough material to fill a few pages up!

Thanks once again to everyone for your invaluable support especially to Adel Marzooq and Fatima Al-Hawaj for their tremendous unselfish efforts exerted on my behalf.

Filed in: General

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Bloggen gegen das Regime VII : simoncolumbus.de | 20 Sep, '07
  1. Barry says:

Congratulations, Mahmood, it is finallly over!

2. NewMe says:

Congratulations… 🙂

3. Ali Al Saeed says:

Mabrook Mahmood… finally you can put this whole saga to bed and move on!

And hey how about the Mahmood Al Yousif version of Erin Brockovich :tongue: We can throw in a few “action” sequences while we’re at it

4. Finlandi says:

Congrats Mahmood.. and may you never blog your way to court again!
    …unless you have to… 😎

5. Congratulations

IT’s excellent news and a great cause for celebration.

CX

6. Ibn says:

Mabrook Mahmood! You might have removed the gag, but im telling you – in the year 2067, this inidividual WILL pass a law calling for everyone to wear their kilots on the outside! 😛

-Ibn

7. Abu Arron says:

Thank Goodness. Nice to see the happy smiley face again. Congrats :biggrin:

8. أبو الكلام says:

Well, Congratulations!

It turned out to be a lot better than my expectations, even in terms of procedure and legal precedent in Bahrain.

I am really glad at this outcome for the law in Bahrain and for you and your family, Mahmood.

Unfortunately, precedents do not have any significance in Bahrain though; and, the Judge must have decided to “err” in favour of correct interpretation of the law, as I argued and called for on this blog, a few months back. I am curious though, whether he would have done so if the appeal process was wide open/expected.

In such a case, he would have – as well – tagged along and tracked the prevailing wrong interpretation as previously explained, in my own blog (not published yet).

9. Bonsaimark says:

Congrats my friend! It is so nice to see your mug without that GAG wrapped around it! I am sure this is a big relief for you as well.

Hope to see you soon. Shawarma’s are on me!

ciao!
    mark

10. Bernie says:

I can’t even begin to say how pleased I am about this decision. Congratulations Mahmood. :w00t:

11. John says:

This is what gulfnews reported

12. John says:

Congratulations Mahmood , i read it in the gulfnews today.

thanks all, I wouldn’t have been able to weather this without everyone’s tremendous support.

14. mishmish says:

Mahmood, I am very pleased for you that this one is over.

Perhaps in future let’s enjoy more of the kind of pieces in the style of the ‘Welcome to Bahrain’ you did yesterday — these are witty and hilarious, nobody can complain, but the message comes through loud and clear. :biggrin:

15. nzm says:

Mabrook, Mahmood – that’s terrific news!

16. Redbelt says:

I’m glad. mabrook.

17. moodz says:

Gotta love that “Colgate Smile” of yours!
    Glad to have you back!

18. The gag is off and it’s nice to see your pearly whites again! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

19. I don’t think I’ve been following your posts long enough to know what this is all about– but I’ve been following long enough to know I want to wish you congratulations anyway!

20. Vincent says:

Congratulations, Mahmood. That’s tremendous news! Nice to see the good guys win one once in awhile 🙂

21. Tracy says:

Congratulations Mahmood.

Let’s not forget the Egyptian bloggers, who seem to be dropping like flies in fear of being arrested and given long prison terms.

With apologies to New Hampshire, Blog Free or die….err, or something like that.

22. Congratulations Mahmood 🙂

23. Phoebe says:

Congratulations Mahmood! What a relief!

Good to see you the other evening…your painting awaits.

x

24. Mabrook, Mabrook, Mabrook!

25. Moclippa says:

Congrats Mahmood!

He’s dropped and brought it up again, is it positive its done for good this time?

Yeah it’s positive, I confirmed it yesterday with his lawyer and it’s in the papers this morning.

27. Troy Z says:

Now that we have confirmation, I can celebrate your relief. This is good to hear. All the best to you and your family.

28. Moclippa says:

Excellent! I’m really glad to hear that! Good job getting through that shit!

29. AGA says:

Excellent news! It sure makes my day.

Thanks to your suggestions and support AGA!

31. Congratulations Mahmood and I am really glad that the journalists society stood by you as they should..