The boy’s out in front?

10 Jun, '07

Lewis Hamilton

No way!

Just the 6th round of the championship and he’s been on the podium on all the previous rounds. And this is his very first season in F1! The guy is good, pretty good actually to even overshadow “the fluke“!

I’ll be glued to the TV screen come 8pm (just in about an hour from now) and cheering the excellent Lewis Hamilton and hoping that I don’t jinx his chances.

Actually, come to think of it, Massa ain’t doin’ bad either, he too is overshadowing the ice-man. Maybe both those so called “number ones” can act as support drivers to the two young bucks. They’re certainly providing us with a lot more entertainment than either (careful) “top drivers” put together.

Well done Hami, now go get ’em!

(and oh, it’s so sweet to know that Bahrain owns 30% of your team!)

Filed in: Thoughts

Who’s the ultra boring fart with that other boring fart Ayman in the most interesting race in the season? Give the rights back to ART for god’s sake. To hell with this Jazeera crap!

ayman came from ART dude

3. maria says:

He is SIDI hamilton from the first race of the 2007 season. 🙂 and Of course Mahmood, he replaces my NASCAR boy in my heart ❗
    INDY here we come. As for the boring men…. God help us.. give me ITV commentary 😕

Anon, I know, and that never bothered me while the stupid prick was on ART as I had that “language” button and got the ITV commentary instead of listening to his sorry ass with a million “eehhh aahhhh” between every word and the next.

Maria, I hear you loud and clear! As far as the ITV commentary that is, NASCAR and INDY I have no time for though!

5. the best Chanel to watch F1 on is S3 “south Africa”, you can get it with multi choice if I’m not mistaken.

this was by far the best F1 race I’ve watched since 1998, the race had every single flag used, there was an incident in every single sector, safety car went out 4 times, the track’s very own Honda accord Coupe was used for the first time to send out the Medical team.

Poor Kubica got involved in what is to be recorded as one of the worst accidents in the history of Formula One Grandprix, but I was so relieved when they announced the he was fine before the winners press conference.

Louis Hamilton is My favorite driver, I’ve been following his progress for a while now, and Hope he becomes the New Legend of the Great sport; Him being the protégé of Ron Denis means that he have been outstanding since the day he was chosen at the early age of 9.

I’m a die hard Ferrari Hater, and Loved it when Massa Got Black Flagged and out of the race, that was the event of the day for me hahah.

6. Pamela says:

I don’t know anything about F1 racing. Are there any sites or books you can refer me to Mahmood?

I’ll have to get accustomed to F1 and say good bye to NASCAR when I leave.

sigh.

7. nzm says:

He did it – what a star!

I bet that Alonso and Raikkonen are pissed! 😆

Pamela: A good place to start is here: The official Formula 1 website.

They have a live timing feature which means that when we can’t view the race on TV, we can read what’s happening via the website.

Eyad, you’re right, what a race! I’ve watched a race before on the South African channel in the Crown Plaza once and I liked the commentary there. I’m getting that installed in the house hopefully before the US race and canceling Orbit.

I’m glad that Kubica – even after a horrific crash has survived with no broken bones. He was knocked unconscious but Theison confirmed that he’s all right. He’s a very very lucky chap and this confirms the high safety standards of the construction of the car.

According to F1-Live.com:

The latest news from Montreal is that Robert Kubica will leave a downtown hospital on Monday – with no broken bones.

Contrary to earlier reports that said the 22-year-old Pole had broken a leg in his horror 280kph crash in the Canadian Grand Prix, BMW-Sauber team boss Mario Theissen confirmed that Kubica is actually fully intact.

He told Sport-Informations-Dienst that suspicions of a broken leg were not confirmed after thorough checks at the Sacre-Coeur hospital.

“I am really very relieved,” Theissen said, although it must be a possibility that Kubica – who was knocked unconscious in the incident – will be replaced by either test driver Sebastian Vettel or Timo Glock for the upcoming US GP this weekend.

10. Robert Kubica, is a very promising driver, he just needs to be in the right place, I hope he gets a better contract with a better team and we shall see a very interesting Rivalry between the young guns; the same goes to Nicko Rosberg and many other that are due to join from GP2 like Timo Glok, Luca Filippi, Bruno Sena and Lucas Di Grassi Of ART Grand Prix the same team that Hamilton used to race for and according to the Crown prince of Bahrain Sh. Salman Bin Hamad has bought 30% of.

the season is still young, we have 12 races left to enjoy.

11. Hussain says:

the best race since Brazil 2003 !

12. Abu Arron says:

The icing on the cake was Wurz overtaking Alonso. 😛

what wurz? sato overtook ALONSO!! :mrgreen:

14. Abu Arron says:

You’re right of course, having a bad day. Thought doesn’t equal typing. Oh well, detention for me then. 🙁

what wurz? sato overtook ALONSO!!

I didn’t call him “the fluke” for nothing… I knew what I was talking about! 😈

16. F says:

Excellent Race!!! Glad Kubica is alright. Horrible accident!!!
    Raikkonen – needs to really work harder. Hamilton – Amazing
    job!!!!

17. Ash says:

Some other good things about Lewis Hamilton:

1. He’s British 😀
    2. He’s handsome
    3. He’s articulate
    4. He seems to have his feet on the ground
    5. Did I mention that he’s British? 😎
    6. He’s a jolly good driver (as we say here in Britain, where Lewis Hamilton comes from 😎 )

I thought that he was Grenadian! :ninja:

And no matter, we own 30% of his ass! So I’ll settle for him being 70% British and 30% Bahraini, how about that? 😛

19. maria says:

Mahmood:I meant the F1 race in INDY this week-end! sorry for the mix up

Ah, thanks, a bit slow I am!