Nothings

10 Jul, '07
Nothings

Nothings, originally uploaded by malyousif.

I met a beautiful young lady this morning. She was running on the beach and our paths briefly crossed. I was sweating, she was shining. I stopped her:

“Hello, my name is Mahmood”
“Hi”
“I am 45. May I invite you to be my mid-life crisis?”

She laughed, briefly hugged me and ran off again.

She left the beach.

It was a very claustrophobic place without her being there.

Filed in: General

1. I hate the fact that we grow older, why can’t we stay for ever young?

2. alaintaxi says:

Naughty Mahmood! Mind you, if she was running on the beach this time of year she must be in good shape 😉

3. Ammar says:

Where was the photo taken?

4. Ann says:

😆 I wonder how fast she ran away! 😆

Ammar, at home. This is my Lily Pond.

Ann, but she flirtingly and fleetingly looked back!

Taxi, she is.. oooh boy is she just!

6. A learner of Arabic says:

why can’t we stay for ever young?

Ask Allah. I bet He has His reasons.

7. ? says:

Is this a real story or a kind of fantasy :mrgreen:

8. Sara says:

It must be a fantasy because there are fewer beaches than overly friendly women around here!

9. um naief says:

unless he was at one of the nice hotels… then there’s lots of beaches! :mrgreen:

i’m a bit surprised, cuz i thought the mid life crisis started in the 50s…. hmmmm… you’re young for one right now. maybe you’ll have two!

hubby thinks he’s already having one… Lord help me if there’s another! 😉

10. ha ha….love it….I talk to people about my mid-mid-life crisis (i’m 20)…I haven’t managed to get a hug from a stranger though…I’ll add that to my list!

Maybe this girl knew you were famous (or is that infamous) and is currently telling her friends that she hugged the Mahmood!

11. AGA says:

Of course this is true, Q-Mark, its Mahmood, and this delightfully humorous stuff happens to him on an unusually frequent basis. At 46, I can remember fairly clearly what it was like to be Mahmood’s age, and I have had at least one similar experience; the primary difference being that I was left with the impression that I had received a “pity” hug. 😥

12. Barry says:

That is a pretty lily. I’m trying to find a pot without holes big enough to grow some of the water lilies they’re selling at the garden center here. I may have to visit the Pot Farm (Yes, it’s really called that) this weekend!

13. can we talk says:

maybe its time you went to scotland!! 🙄

14. mohammad says:

so cute :-)))

15. Ash says:

I’m 33 on Friday (yikes) and looking forward to having a midlife crisis in about 10 years time. I think life goes in cycles –

childhood/teens/early 20s – lots of adventures and fun

late 20s/30s – serious period in which you work hard, build your career, buy property, wonder what it’s all for …

40s – yippee! Midlife crisis! Buy a mad car! Travel the world! Chat up cute people on the beach! Wear clothes that look stoopid! Take up skydiving!

50s/60s – back to work to pay off debts run up during midlife crisis

70s/80s – second childhood. Get away with just about anything, especially crimes. Start life of crime 😎

CWT, give her a call and chat. I might – just might – join you guys soon! 🙂

17. can we talk says:

give her a call

sure, would you email me her details (inc. which city). maybe we can get together when the rest of my party arrives.

on the way…

19. can we talk says:

got it

20. Ibn says:

Well if it makes you feel any better, im going through a quarter-life crisis at the moment Mahmood!

-Ibn

Ah well, I’m fortunate to have your company then… you can take the point, I’ll follow! 😛

22. Ibn says:

Since were on the subject Mahmood, I always make a point of asking elders about life choices when they are younger, so I would like to do something similar here –

What things would you like to have done, or not done, focused on, etc, at 25ish, looking back Mahmood?

Thanks

-Ibn

That was so far away that I can’t remember! 😆

I would be a complete liar if I said that I didn’t have regrets or I would have at least done things differently, but those are so many and too diverse to handle in a comment or a post… maybe when we meet!