Young Bahraini Entrepreneurs

11 Jul, '07

Guys, can you suggest some names of young Bahraini entrepreneurs that I might interview? I would appreciate it if you would provide me their contact details if you don’t mind too, if you don’t, then a name and why you would nominate a person should be enough for me to start my research.

The targets whom I require should be between 18 – 40 and own their own successful businesses, both young men and women are required.

This is partly for my work within the Young Businessmen Committee at the Chamber and partly personal as I would interview and publish their interviews here or on Bahraini.TV and possibly syndicate them elsewhere too.

Much appreciate your help, thanks.

Update 070712@1718L: I just added a forum at Mahmood Talk billed as Entrepreneurial Pursuits — The business of finding solutions to problems, and profiting from it at the same time! Share your war stories and business ideas here.

Please visit and contribute if you would.

Filed in: Entrepreneurship

1. Khalid says:

I suppose am still an entrepreneur in the making, well working on it so I’ll let you interview me in a few years when am always smiling :mrgreen: .

A few come to my mind, I don’t personally know them but they’re quite successful and am sure you’ve heard about them:

(1) Bader from Bader Models (http://www.badermodels.com/contact.html)

(2) Khalid Muharraqi and Rashad Faraj from Muharraqi Studios (http://www.muharraqi-studios.com/muharraqi.php?pn=8)

Another one that comes to mind is 2connect the new telecom company. I remember the managing director being in my school (5 years older than me if am not wrong) and he’s called Fahad Al Shirawi. Am assuming that since he’s the managing director and quite young that he was behind the idea of the new company, sometime in 2003. (http://www.2connectbahrain.com/contact%20us.html)

I’ll think of more for you Mahmood, but these 3 come to mind immediately.

2. Khalid says:

I would’ve added Huda Janahi, the very successful woman entrepreneur who created Global Cargo Services and won the leading entrepreneurship prize in the Arab world out of 3000 people, if it wasn’t for her age, 41 if am not wrong. You might want to consider her, and let her age be the exception to the rule.

3. Redbelt says:

on the flip side, if you want to interview young bahraini business men who werent successful, ask me.
    you learn through failiure more than you do with success.

4. I think the next two will be good candidates,

Fahad Al-Shirawi as Khalid said, and if u need to get in contact with him Mahmood please let me know.

Sameer Uchi, the chairman of Maxmedia, he is a very smart and successful Businessman and he is below the age of 40, his Friend and partner Mohamed kayani is also an interesting person and a very smart man.

Redbelt you are so right in that view. We as a society – in general – are just too afraid to fail as that might entail loss of face/prestige etc. The immediate effect of this mentality is that we don’t try new things and thus breed the culture of mediocrity, afraid of new things and ideas and just stick to our comfort zone while everyone around us excels and exceeds us.

We need to break out of this culture of rewarding mediocrity as excellent, and the fear of trying something new for fear of failture.

So yes, I would welcome the opportunity to interview and highlight people who have failed and learnt from that failure, that to me is as important – if not more so – than being an unmitigated success.

Thanks for your suggestions and emails guys, please keep them coming!

Please visit and contribute if you would.

8. Just me says:

Sayed Murtada Al-alawi…is about 26 and set up a successful landscape architecture/design company called something-POO…has a few big contracts as a i understand

can get his details but not at hand at the mo

Yes, I remember him. I actually visited Nanpoo some time ago and had a nice chat with him and saw some of his projects. Thanks for reminding me. I’ll add him to the list.

10. Aliza says:

Redbelt as you said “if you want to interview young bahraini business men who werent successful, ask me”
    I really want to interview them.So colud you give me their contact.