The food of Champions!

4 Jan, '08
The food of Champions!

The food of Champions!, originally uploaded by malyousif.

Chapati, grated cheddar cheese and samboosa. Guaranteed heart attack inducer, but oh so deee-lish-ious!

Sorry for the low activity. We have three productions going on at the same time all with deadlines for next week. On top of that we have two more productions that we have to start next week too, so it’s bretty bretty busy!

And I am having the time of my life! I love this video production thingy!

Have a wonderful weekend my friends 😉

Filed in: Thoughts

1. rocknroll says:

ha ha mehmood, yes i know how it tastes. bloody good.

2. Barry says:

Mmm, you put cheddar on almost anything and instantly it becomes that much more delicious! This is why I like enchiladas with cheddar better than Mexican cheeses (and a few Mexicans I know prefer it that way too).

At first I thought it was my stomach due to my excesses of samboosa and too much Tabasco, but no. It is actually a thunder and lighting storm outside AND its raining (properly!) for the first time this season!

4. gardens of sand says:

Yummy Mahmood, shahaytney! Food is one of the top things I miss about Ba7rain..

5. aljasoor says:

can you believe that even Babo the samboosa seller has given me a lecture about the (inflation) when i asked him why am i being overcharged for the samboosa?

6. Abdulkarim says:

Food is becoming a real issue. No. Not because it is scare. On the contrary. There is so much of it and with better tastes too and more affordable still. This abundance is leading to all sorts of problems; obesity, diabetes and of course, heart attacks. The list is almost endless.

Even seemingly innocent appeals are becoming not so innocent. Not so long ago they used to say eat an apple a day and you will keep the doctor away. Now I read that to eat an apple a day is to kiss your teeth goodbye because there is so much sugar in apples these days.

I would not call samboosa the food of champions but then I can’t recommend anything else!

7. romster says:

And you probably wash this down with a diet coke…….. less calories.
    Happy clogged artaries.

wiya chai haleeb ya khook!! 😉

9. Just the right combination of British and Indian influence… 😆

10. exclamation mark says:

Cheddar ?!

Wow thats creative …. :mrgreen:

Never though of it…

11. unJane says:

Mahmood – bread on bread? Seriously?? I wish you good health for 2008 and many thanks for providing such an interesting blog. 🙂

12. Anwar Y Abdulrahman says:

I am going right now to get some Sambosa fm Abdulkader

13. Abdulkarim says:

You are a brave guy Anwar Y Abdulrahman. I am not and would not touch Sambosa even if they are from Abdulkader!

I would rather damn sambosas, fish n chips and pizzas along with red meat, milk and eggs. They are the biggest killers in the world.

14. Barry says:

Now, now Abdulkarim, it’s not the food that’s the killer, it’s poor eating habits that are. We all make choices, and if we choose to eat fried foods all the time, we can’t blame the food for clogged arteries. I know plenty of very healthy people who actually eat fast food once in a while (once in a while is key here, not all the time).

It’s all about eating in moderation. And pizza actually isn’t a bad food as long as it’s not loaded in tons of cheese, and fatty meats (especially fatty meats). The Neapolitan style pizzas are very thin (the dough is rolled out to 1/8 inch thick), and topped with a few ingredients, sauce or just tomatoes, sliced mozarella, and extra virgin olive oil.

15. Abdulkarim says:

You are absolutely right Barry but then how many of us eat in moderation? How many of us can refuse those thick rich pizzas? We humans are very weak and are easily tempted. Look around you and you will see obese people all over.

That is why clogged arteries are killing humans in droves. Heart failures are the biggest killers in the west and in many other rich regions. All because of those wonderful pizzas and co!

Hey Abdulkarim, speak for yourself please. I DO eat in moderation and am very healthy. I eat PROPER food: McDonald’s, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc and ALWAYS wash that down with Diet Coke. What else do you ask for?

I *am* the picture of health! 😛

17. Barry says:

Abdulkarim: See, I think it’s an even poorer idea to try to deny those things than to try to work on correcting the attitude behind why so many people rely on them for their main source of sustenance. I can speak for myself: Laziness, and a lack of planning. Modern society turns lazy, and I don’t see it as a western thing either.

You may be interested in the slow food movement, which calls for a return to locally grown food that hasn’t been highly processed. Obviously some things aren’t going to be made by individuals (like milling wheat for your flour), but the idea is that vegetables should be, and any animals eaten should be produced on small, local farms.

I rather like their philosophy, even if I’m terrible about my own eating habits. I especially agree with their conservation of heirloom vegetables (which have more flavor and variety than the typical mass produced vegetables).

Still, I don’t agree that just because humans are weak, that it’s the thing that’s bad. It’s human behavior that needs to be changed.

I’m eagerly awaiting my vegetables to mature so I can pluck them out of the ground and eat them. Expect a post about that experience! 😎

19. Abdulkarim says:

Mahmood
    I was actually speaking for myself. God knows how many times I did not keep my pledge not to touch pizzas and burgers but then I am not alone. I see obese people everywhere I look!

Barry,
    The slow food movement is interesting and I wish them luck though not too much. Applying their ideas to the extreme would probably lead to worldwide food shortages. The abundance of food that we have now is all because of modern agriculture, the use of pesticides, chemicals and lately genetic engineering. Without these, lands would not have yielded as much. In the old days, lands were farmed until they were exhausted necessitating moving to new lands which in most cases meant clearing forests. The cycle was repeated every decade or so leading in the end to the destruction of forests and erosion of soil.

The best thing to do is to change people’s habits as you say but then how can you do that? The first thing people do when they become richer is to eat more and better food. Look at the Chinese! They are eating more meat now than ever leading to higher wheat prices. I guess your pizzas cost more now!