Produce from my garden

25 Apr, '09
Produce from my garden

Produce from my garden, originally uploaded by malyousif.

It’s been the first time in quite a while that I have had the time (and inclination) to potter around in the garden, and you know what? I thoroughly enjoyed it.

What you see in the picture are some of the results of the vegetable patch; namely the last of the spring onions, a lonely remaining cabbage and a handful of chili peppers which I forgot that I had in there too!

I’ve removed quite a patch of mint which I suspect that I have to revisit and properly clean up as it has spread beyond the borders of the patch which made the whole place quite ungainly.

Once the vegetable patch was done, I decided to prune a few shrubs and trees; I started with a lantana that was threatening to take over another flower bed by the pool, then attacked a very young olive (the second I brought back from a recent trip to Italy). After dead-heading a few dwarf sunflowers (and saving the seedheads for next season) I cleaned up the two main hibiscus shrubs one in a small flower bed by the breakfast nook window and another by the living room.

Other plants I managed to prune and clean up today were the tacomaria, the queen of the night, a couple of ful, the outside bottle-brush and a few others here and there.

All in all, it was an excellent afternoon both for myself and my garden – I hope!

Filed in: Gardening

1. sleepyinsaudi says:

😎 Mahmood!! I’m so glad you started blogging again! Your pictures of produce are great! I’m jealous. Do you grow tomatoes?? I just came across your new blog by accident. Now I have to wade though all your posts.

2. sleepyinsaudi says:

3. Mahmood says:

put it this way, I’m staying away from day-to-day politics. pictures and gardening (and now also golf) is a much better investment in time!! 😉

4. Mahmood says:

5. sleepyinsaudi says:

:mrgreen: I see a spicy Thai salad in that produce. Just add tomatoes!

6. sleepyinsaudi says:

:mrgreen: I see a spicy Thai salad in that produce. Just add tomatoes!

7. Matt says:

Hi,

were you able to get that olive with you on-board, cause I’m thinking about getting ab olive too. The only problem was with Citruses so far.

Matt

8. Matt says:

Hi,

Matt

9. Mahmood says:

I did Matt. Both are doing well at the moment.

10. Mahmood says:

I did Matt. Both are doing well at the moment.