Pickles! And how they made this guy a lot of money

21 Apr, '10

This is the very last episode I shot and released in the Bahraini Views initiative which is being broadcast on Bahrain TV today and I must say that it was one of my favourites.

Jehad is really down-to-earth, affable, humble and full of passion for food. My kind of guy 😉

You have to watch the episode yourself and rate it (please) but to brief you on what you’ll be watching, here’s the episode’s description:

Imagine starting a business with just BD20 (US$53) and after a few short years the company you started ranks number 1 in the country, and your products are sought after in the whole region and have become the prizes that people take with them wherever they go… even to Maine in the USA!

If you imagined that those products are to do with food, and are none other than various pickles, sauces and very basic ingredients without which a meal might rightly be classified as boring, then you’ll love to hear the story of this successful and humble Bahraini Entrepreneur.

Jehad has built an empire from his mother’s pickles and sauces recipes, and with his own special additions, he has taken the Bahraini culinary experience to the world through his Muharraq Pickles Factory.

Filed in: Thoughts

1. Kavi K says:

i Love these stories, gives hope to all and admire their success.

2. Reeshiez says:

Love this story! What a humble and passionate guy! Only problem is that I’m all the way in NYC and now I’m craving his “‘7al6at 7ewar” so someone better bring some to me fast! lol

Please keep posting these stories Mahmood. I always feel happy and proud whenever I watch one of them.

• mahmood says:

I know that my daughters will probably back a suitcase full of his products to take back with them to Canada if they could, but unfortunately Customs will probably have a problem with that. Same situation with you a suppose 😉

3. I remember I first saw his pickles in the UAE and gave them a go, so glad I did as I’ve been buying them ever since. Mind you, I have always loved pickles, my family back home have been pickling their own onions as long as I can remember..so much nicer than the shop bought ones!

• mahmood says:

He’s a lovely person, and just hearing him talk about his products made me really look forward to going out and grabbing some!

4. sleepyinsaudi says:

Mahmood, I must try this guys stuff. Which groceries are they sold in, and are they available in the KSA eastern province??

• mahmood says:

I know that Saudi is his target for expansion this year. Let me ask him and get back to you. OR, it’s a perfect excuse to come over the causeway for a day or so! 😉