There are a number of demonstrations and protests happening right in several areas in Bahrain, I think I can hear and smell some of the effects from my office.
The basic demands of the people is for a better life with dignity, respect for human rights, freedom of express and the release of political prisoners. None of those demands differ from the universal demands of people everywhere. Those demands are legitimate.
The bottom line is that a new and more just contract between the people and the rulers must be agreed upon and that should done with haste. We all know what needs to be addressed, and the wise would choose to enact these changes, rather than go into a protracted violent confrontation where one would come out the loser.
The platform exists for a win-win situation, which is the ideal outcome. I hope that wisdom prevails and Bahrain comes out the winner of this difficult time.
Filed in: Politics
Sites That Link to this Post
- Bahrain: The Day of Wrath · Global Voices | 15 Feb, '11
- Bahrain: The Day of Wrath :: Elites TV | 15 Feb, '11
- Bahrain: O dia da fÃºria · Global Voices | 16 Feb, '11
- Bahrain: Ny Andron’ny Hatezerana · Global Voices | 16 Feb, '11
- Bahrain: The Day of Wrath « Revolution Without Border | 19 Feb, '11
- Bahraini police arrested my brother for blogging | Hani AlYousif «ScrollPost | 31 Mar, '11
- Bahraini police arrested my brother for blogging | | Writer WorkWriter Work | 1 Apr, '11
- Bahraini police arrested my brother for blogging | Hani AlYousif — Wordpress News | 17 Apr, '11