Time to reflect on my 2013’s resolutions/achievements and set myself up for ’14:
- Lost 30kgs (66lbs)
- Went to the gym at least 5 times a week
- Able now to run for 30 minutes at 10kph (variable hill) 5 days a week. Same with the elliptical machine.
- Got off the Crestol cholesterol medication
- Increased my circle of friends
- Grew revenues (unaudited) by 23%
- Profitability still positive but definitely needs improving
- Raised $862 for Movember
- Can now thoroughly annoy the wife at a moment’s notice
- Bought a new car
- Retooled Gulf Broadcast with latest production equipment: 3x Sony Cameras, 2x edit suites, 1x Colour correction suite, Black Magic Cine pocket cam and a bunch of latest software suites including 5x Avid Symphonies/MCs. (Thanks Tamkeen!)
- Assumed the presidency of the Bahrain Chapter of the Entrepreneursâ€™ Organisation; reflections on this will be in June 2014.
- Continued in my role as the Internal Awareness Chair at the Global Communications Committee at EO Global
- Got recognised for my â€œOutstanding Contribution to New Mediaâ€ by the Next Century Foundationâ€™s Intâ€™l Council for Press and Broadcasting
- Took some time off to be with my lovely wife and enjoyed Muscat for a few days
- and then again in New York
- and jogged in Central Park. Twice around the reservoir!
- Put up the christmas tree and decorated it all by myself this year!
- Actually created a profile video of myself! http://goo.gl/ryI7Sg
- Travelled to new countries: Vietnam and Austria
I must have missed a few; regardless, really looking forward to 2014. With the vigour that Iâ€™m feeling now that Iâ€™m the healthiest I have possibly been in my life, I say BRING IT ON!
Have a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic New Year. Thank you for being part of my life.
Love you all.
Filed in: Thoughts