I wonder why that international destress sign is “Mayday”, is it because the capitalists have finally gave up calling for their workers to turn up on May 1st and then if any of their customers asks them why deliveries are not made, or products are not manufactured, they just shrug their shoulders and say: well it’s May day? Or was it to celebrate a riot by workers demanding better work conditions in which some sacrificed their lives to achieve?
No idea, but happy May Day if you celebrate it.
I did: started at 5.30 am checked the blog and emails, went outside and fixed the mess that the bloody water department repair brainiacs did, which is trample (I kid you not) on all of my gazanias in the outside bed, CHOP a big part of the frangipani “because they couldn’t reach the water leak properly” which is translated that they were bloody lazy to bend down a bit further, and generally all but destroyed my outside planter.
The good part in all of this is that now:
- I chopped up what they chopped up off the frangipani and made 4 good cuttings and planted those in another planter.
- I removed all the trampled-on gazania and shaped the remaining third to the front of the planter, and clearned the back and middle completely of gazania.
- I toiled the bed and mixed in some peat moss to prepare it for other plantings.
- generally cleaned up the planters outside.
- Oh, and they fixed the leak!
That took care of time till about 8.00 when I was called in for breakfast. Soon after that I went out and toiled the main path flower beds to prepare them for probably some zinneas and portalucas. That was followed by power washing the pool deck! 😀 That took care of the time till about 11.30.
Then I took Hanan to the Book Case on Budaiya road to buy some study material, then went to the Najibi centre for a hair cut. It was and it’s looking good. (thought I’d say that before some smart alec asks the usual “which one?” question.)
Back home now and it’s bloody hot now… about to have lunch and then jump in the pool, waiting for it to cool a bit before I return to gardening etc.
How was your day?