The king returned back to the kingdom healthy and strong after recuperating from an illness. We thank God for his successful recovery and welcome him back.
During his recuperation period he must have done some thinking about running the country better and the rumours abound since his return of reshuffling the cabinet some, some say in the next few days and most certainly before the reconvening of the parliament.
The names imbue some trust, if they were to be correct, and we shall see the disappearance of a number of faces who have been nothing but a heavy anchor around Bahrain’s throat.
In preparation for this pending announcement, it is said that a number of ministers who have been enjoying their holidays abroad have been ordered to cut their own recuperation periods short and come back to Bahrain. Of those who were out and ordered back are
- Abdulla bin Salman Al-Khalifa (Minister of Electricity who was undoubtedly enjoying a summer uninterrupted by power cuts wherever he was),
- Mohammed Abdulghaffar (Minister of Information),
- Dr. Majeed Al-Alawi (Minister of Labour),
- Dr. Nada Haffadh (Minister of Health),
- Ahmed Attiyatallah,
- Dr. Nezar Al-Baharna (Minister of Foreign Affairs) and
- Dr. Fatima Al-Balooshi (Minister of Social Affairs).
The news suggests that the new positions will be rotated among old and new ministers thusly;
- Dr. Mohammed Al-Ghatam as Minister of Electricity,
- Nabeel Al-Hamar returns as the Minister of Information and Cabinet Affairs,
- Hind Al-Khalifa will finally be promoted to be the Minister of Social Affairs,
- Dr. Majeed Al-Alawi (moved to be Minister of Health from Minister of Labour),
- Dr. Nezar Al-Baharna will become the Minister of Labour (he currently heads the Labour reform initiative)
- and Haya Al-Khalifa returns from heading the United Nations to take up the position of Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
So we finally get rid of some personalities who have been described as hindrances to development and progress and some who have also been described as Muslim Brotherhood stooges and all are replaced by what look like new dynamic leadership.
About time too.
Good to have you back your Majesty!