Vlog: 22nd Gathering’s

8 Sep, '06

Here’s the video of last night’s gathering. Enjoy!

For the technically minded, this thing was shot on my Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phone, and edited on Avid’s Xpress Pro on 24P (just for the hell of it!) The sound quality is crap, but I’ve applied a DeEsser filter on the track which corrected it a bit.

Filed in: M.Report

1. Wow,
    Seems like this gathering was a lot of fun! Too bad I’m still stuck in Tokyo 🙂 I hope to attend one of these gatherings when I visit Bahrain in the Spring.

Cheers.

2. Hey, I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it last night – looks like it was great fun. I was actually rushing around moving house, I’d been delayed in my schedule by other things…and tomorrow I fly off for six weeks or so (living up to my name), so I won’t be able to make next month either. But I’ll come to a gathering eventually, I promise!

3. alfanan says:

🙂

Good editing Mahmood.

and we’ll hold you to that (both Hasan and bin battuta!)

have fun in the move and hope you have a safe and successful trip. while you are on a trip, you might want to check in on namesake and she’s doing quite well retracing his steps.

heh, Fanan, the only editing I did really is stich them together. (that shows how much of an excellent cameraman/director I am as I thought of the shots while shooting and edited them at the same time too! so who’s going to hire me to direct a feature?!! ;))

6. Interesting site, thanks for the tip! This time I am Europe-bound – UK, Switzerland, Italy – if I get up to anything exciting I’ll be sure to post about it…

Why do you travel so much bint battuta

8. Aha…Well, if I told you I’d have to kill you…

Enjoy, and stay safe!

10. The Joker says:

Did you just edit me out?
    How controversial could you get that Mahmood Alyousif censors you?!

No, that stupid button at the top of the phone just needs a touch to switch the recording off… I’ve done it so many times and didn’t realise. All I had left were three clips unfortunately…

Hey I tell you what, I’ll give you top billing for the next one, how about that? Deal?

12. The Joker says: