On Kuwait TV tonight

9 Apr, '07

Diwaniyyat Al-Osbou - Kuwait

The bloggers’ episode of Diwaniyyat Al-Osbou is going to air tonight on Kuwait TV’s Channel 1 at 10.30pm (+3UTC) which should also be repeated at 1.30PM tomorrow.

I’ll stay up especially to view it and I hope that it’ll be okay and that you’ll enjoy it, if you choose to watch that is.

I would like to thank the tremendous efforts exerted by my friends and colleagues the Kuwaiti bloggers of getting the whole program back on the air after it being blocked by their Minister of Information for some reason; I just hope it wasn’t because of this particular episode!

Bo9agr was good enough to digitise and upload the whole episode on Google Video.

Many thanks bo9agr, you da man!

Filed in: General

1. Amjad says:

I will try my best to watch it this night. But just in case I couldn’t make it, won’t it be repeated some time else? Tomorrow morning for example? :cwy:

Yes, at 1.30pm! thanks for reminding me.

3. Sandrine Phellps says:

Mahmood, PLEASE record it and put it up on your site for those of us who live abroad!! I beg of you…ahahah :w00t: :wub:

4. Waiting!! :happy:

great show

6. jewaira says:

I just finished watching the show and I wanted to say how impressed I was with the way you presented your ideas. You are as eloquent on TV as you are on your blog. Well done

7. zodiac says:

man,
    you were cool :whistle: .. I was afraid… because u know .. i dig ur blog , i was afraid that .. you’ll lose the halo I see around you .. when u come on tv .. but man .. again .. u proved me wrong … I liked the show .. liked the guyz.. and i really enjoyed what u said ..

keep the good work …

[peace]

8. Ansgar says:

Some youtube highlights would be great for the foreign readers. 🙂

9. Moe says:

Eloquent and enjoyable as you’ve always been on your blog, Mahmood. You have striking eyes.

10. @ Ansgar / Sandrine:

My opinion! Is there anything to come?

11. Q says:

Hey Mahmood, I thought the show was pretty good overall, and most of the feedback I got has been positive!

Just wanted to thank you again for coming over to Kuwait just for the episode, and waiting for the whole “will they show it, will they not” drama even after your efforts! 🙂

It was a really good program and I don’t think too much was removed from the content (other than my bandargate spiel, if I remember correctly). You guys rocked!

it was a pleasure to have participated so thanks once again for inviting me.

13. NewMe says:

very last minute to find out… but gladly i watched the full show
    enjoyed every comment of a very interesting group…
    the way you express yourself in “arabic” surprising…
    i didn’t understand the point of banning the show from being aired!!!
    there was so much honesty and lots of high hopes…
    you enjoy a very charismatic personality and i so admire your confidence…
    Wishing you all the best…
    be SAFE

14. moodz says:

Youtube for us unfortunate enough to have read your announcement? PLEASE?!

Let me get the permission of the station first, maybe our Kuwaiti friends can help with this?

If you’re in Bahrain, I’ve recorded the repeat so if you want to watch it you are more than welcome to borrow it. I’ve also got it on CD but I haven’t seen the CD yet.

16. Amjad says:

I watched the repeat this afternoon. Very well done guys. I watched the whole show. It was really so good, and I personally benefited from this show, as being a new blogger.

Good job guys, May God bless you.

Special regards to Ms. Shirooq since she was the only lady on the program. I wish there were more ladies/girls to contribute with their thoughts about the blogsphere.

17. bo9agr says:

maybe our Kuwaiti friends can help with this?

i uploaded the episode on google video this morning, you’ll find the link here:

always at your service 🙂

You da man!

Thanks mate.

19. Ansgar says:

Excellent 😎

20. bo9agr says:

i ust got an e-mail from video-support@google.com saying that the video “was rejected because it didn’t comply with our Program Policies.”!!

so how can i put it back? any ideas? msn? yousendit.com?

you can split it into less than 10 minute segments and put it up in YouTube or somehow get it to me and I’ll try to host it.

22. bo9agr says:

i can send it via MSN Messenger, is that fine with you?
    my msn account is bo9age@hotmail.com
    (the file is 222MB)

I actually got a copy on DVD, I’ll rip it today and do something with it. I’ll let you know what when I know how to handle it!