I was starving after the gym this morning so I stopped over at a nearby supermarket to get a sandwich. On the way out, I noticed this on their noticeboard:
This person is selling them for really hefty prices:
- The 8GB black is for BD 420 (US$ 1,111 – it’s $199 originally but with a contract)
- The 16GB black is for BD 465 (US$ 1,230 – it’s $299 originally “)
- The 16GB white is for BD 480 (US$ 1,270 – it’s $299 originally “)
They go on to explain why the prices they are charges might appear high with this:
Why does the price APPEAR high? …. What you don’t know is that to own an iPhone 3G in from Apple, Worldwide, you MUST (in addition to initial iPhone price & being a resident in that country):
- Sign and entire 2 YEAR contract with AT&T, and add $30 to every monthly bill.
- Pay Taxes.
- If you wish to cancel contract you must pay $170+, if otherwise cancelled you MUST RETURN the device.
- many more hassles.
Well, for those prices, Apple can keep their phone. I would rather have this one instead.